This is the second visit to the Mariners hotel in Haverfordwest, and both times have been delightful. The staff, and the owners are very welcoming and friendly, and even though it was packed to the rafters with diners on Saturday night, they ensured that we were attended to. They explained there may be a wait, which we were more than happy to sit with a lovely bottle of rioja and relax with at the bar. We only waited half an hour or so, before they had a table free, which wasnt long at all. The food was outstanding, possibly the best lamb shank I have had in a long time,served with a fresh vegetable selection, my husband had the rib eye steak, and again this was one of the best he has had too. Considering the amount of people they had in the bar, and restaurant that night, the standard of food, and service did not slip at all. The lady owner, even though she was obviously very busy, made sure she went to every table for a chat, which shows quality of a good host. The room we stayed has been decorated in a modern style, spacious, and clean with a good sized bathroom, which was spotless.
I think many of the reviews have been very unfair, after two visits to two different rooms I must highly disagree with them, as our visits have been poles apart from their experiences.
Another big plus is that the Mariners has dog friendly rooms, which we use. Considering they are dog rooms, they are spotless, no hair to be seen and no smells whatsoever.
All in all a great place to stay, and if the rooms are too warm, turn the radiator down, at least thats an option. I would rather that, than be in a room that resembles the artic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run Hotel, situated walking distance to Haverfordwest Town Center. Free parking on site for Patrons use only, can accommodate a coach in the rear car park. Lunches and Evening Meal served in the Bar,and Guest Ales are available. Function bookings available in the Restaurant. Free wifi to our customers. Family rooms are also available. Non residents are also welcome to dine or just have a driink/ coffee at the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Hotel Mariners reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariners Hotel Haverfordwest
- Hotel Mariners Haverfordwest, Wales - Pembrokeshire