“Quality food and quality service”
Review of The Restaurant at Shire Hall - CLOSED

The Restaurant at Shire Hall
Cuisines: British, European
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Quality food and quality service”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Exactly the kind of place Haverfordwest has been waiting for to put it on the map. The food at The Restaurant is the type you would find at a top rated London place but at a very reasonable price. The service was outstanding. Will be returning and would certainly recommend.

Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Myself and my partner ate here a while ago and we were very impressed by what we experienced. We had a fantastic Roasted Butternutsquash veloute that was compliments of the chef. Followed by a Pressed Chicken Terrine with Homemade salad Cream and Crispy Chicken Skin. I Personally had a sensational Duck Breast which was tender and succulent and was accompanied by a Rich plum Sauce and Vegetables. I had a lovely 'Restaurant' style Lemon Meringue pie, which was deconstructed, beautifully presented.
Will definatly recommend to friends.

• Visited October 2012
haverfordwest
“Gorgeous food! Great service!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I really could not fault the service or food.
I had a "St Brides Mullet" main it was the loveliest cooked fish I've tasted in a long time not only was it delicious but I was stuffed.
nothing was too much trouble for our waitress who was friendly from beginning to end.

Its a classy looking reasonable priced place offering some really scrummy food.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth a visit!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went on Friday night, and booked in advance, there were three other tables dining aswell, the ambiance was warm and nicely lit with candles throughout.

The menu looked good with a cheaper "classic" option aswell as a "Main Menu"
However i feel more variety is needed, there were three different Steaks, and four types of Mullet, but no Lamb? In West Wales there are so many great local suppliers it's a shame not to use them. All the dishes were beautifully presented and were very tasty.

Service from Abby, was second to none. Friendly and attentive, by far the best service I have received in Pembrokeshire.

Civilised dining out at its best, I certainly will be coming back.

Buckinghamshire
“Not for Pembrokeshire or me...”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went on a Saturday night and were only two of 6 diners. The atmosphere was sadly lacking as the room is high and quite cavernous. The menu looked promising and feature locally sourced items - but not cheap - I ordered the goats cheese and my friend the salmon. She fared slightly better.. I nearly choked when I saw the plate. There were 3 pieces of cheese the size of a toothbrush head on a piece of slate that had a see through slice of beetroot underneath and a cross of brown dust and red dust. I think it was crushed nuts and beetroot powder. Nouvelle Cuisine at it most pretentious and worst. Prepared to see what the main course brought I chose the cod on Chorizo mash. That was it. A small portion of mash with two tiny fillets of cod and a pesto drizzle. No vegetables. The taste was good but I could have eaten/expected twice as much cod at an £18.00 price tag. My friend has pork loin which she enjoyed but again a small portion. Dessert risked I chose the " smashed cheescake" and wish I had not bothered. It was a runny pile of cheescake mix with various bit of candied ginger/ ginger crisps and other unsuitable accompaniments. All served on a "trendy" piece of slate.My friend left half her sticky toffee pudding - a decent portion at least. We had 2 glasses of wine and 2 gin and tonics. The bill?? A massive £100. Haverfordwest is crying out for some competition to the very successful Georges. Sadly The Restaurant is currently very definitely not it. The only good thing was the pleasant and attentive service - but with only 6 diners hardly surprising. Such a disappointment.

1 Thank Honeybun1955