“Had to check myself out!”
Review of The Druidstone

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Haverfordwest
The Druidstone
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Haverfordwest
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked this based on the positive trip advisor ratings.

On the positive it is in a fantastic location over-looking a beautiful bay on the Pembrokeshire coast. It is clean, warm and comfortable with loads of character. The staff I met were reasonably friendly.

On the down side it is poorly sign-posted and hard to find (especially in the dark). When I enquired about breakfast I was told this would be served between 8.30 and 10.30 (perhaps okay at a weekend or if you are on holiday, but less so if you are on business). Come 8.45, three other (hungry) guests and myself but still no sign of any staff. Eventually had to work out my own bill and leave a pile of cash on an unattended reception desk (not my preferred payment method).

Laziness and poor customer service passing itself of as "Quirkiness"?

Such a shame as it has the potential to be so much more. (Perhaps it was just an off day.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Brian H

Reviewed October 4, 2012

first visited in 1978 still really great place to be, right on the coastal path but far away from everything you were trying to leave behind. The bar is really cosey in winter and food and company great. Always a great choice of music playing and often its live.
If you need any advice on how to enjoy yourself Jane or the hotel staff will always be helpful and when we got stuck in the rain they came and fetched us!

Room Tip: just tell Jane what you want
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We followed the recommendation from the owners of our holiday let in Broad Haven.For our last evening on holiday we booked at The Druidstone.We arrived in plenty of time and were happy to sit waiting for our meal with our drinks,over-looking the beautiful St Brides Bay. We were first tempted with divine rolls hot from the oven..mmmmm.Our food arrived beautifully presented,freshly cooked and the taste buds went wild. All of it was delicious,served by friendly staff. As the dining room got busier it filled with the golden setting sunlight over the bay.A true delight.I hope we will return to this unique restaurant again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank VanFanEastanglia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

So beautiful, friendly staff, homely atmosphere. Quirky and unusual with a traditional style about it too. Little bar area downstairs which is perfect on chilly winter evenings. Stunning views from the outdoor seating areas, looking out the sea and down onto the beach. One of my favourite places in Pembs, by far. Recommend to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rainbowmoonfish
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I love this place ! Stayed here with my team for a night whilst working in the area- and I will be bringing my family back to this charming little hotel perched on a cliff top at the far end of Wales.
Not 'swish 'or fancy in a bit city hotel sense but certainly very special , clean, warm, friendly, with shabby chic home by the sea style - how I imagine my childhood home by the sea - fresh laundered sheets, pretty counterpanes, seaside style sunny below & sky blue boarded walls, sea facing window seats ... friendly staff who take care to pick fresh flowers, berries and herbs from the 'secret' garden - sheltered from the sea within stone walls - to decorate tables and food . Food was fresh, reasonably priced, imaginative and delicious ..... I had their home made tomato & orange soup served with crispy bread and camomile decorated butter, fresh caught mackerel & home made almond torte - with Champagne pickled strawberries. When I was there I woke before dawn, so opened up the window and dozed on the window seat, 'cwtched' up under the quilt as I watched the early morning sky lighten ...delightful footpath to the beautiful beach at the base of the cliff - lovely swim in the gulf streamed warmed clean sea.. even a little waterfall running off he cliff... if you are the sort of person who likes shells in their pockets and sand in their shoes, then this is the place for you

Room Tip: There isn't a chlorinated 'swimming pool ' or a gym but there is lots of 'wild swi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MormunyddDragon
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were staying nearby and decided to visit Druidstone Hotel for dinner following a recommendation from a friend.

It's situated on its own right by the sea, in truly beautiful surroundings. A short walk along the coastal path (past the car park) will lead you to a small bay with what's known as the 'telletubby house' built into the side of the hill, which is certainly interesting to see!

It was quite difficult to work out where the restaurant was, as there was no obvious 'reception' area, but we soon found a member of staff who directed us to the bar, where we decided to go for a drink first. The bar seems quite run-down, but in a very charming way, and served a nice selection of drinks considering its small size. There is also a selection of board games and sofas overlooking the sea, which is always enjoyable!

We then went upstairs to the restaurant which I thought was beautifully decorated. There were flowers adorning every table and over the windows etc. Unfortunately I suffer from horrendous hayfever so that wasn't ideal, but it looked lovely.

The food was delicious! I ate pork fillet wrapped in bacon with a port gravy and it was absolutely fantastic. I have never had pork so moist! Again it wasn't cheap, but it was definitely worth the cost.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily F
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was a "special" for Fish Week! The weather wasn't great ....very misty...preventing us having full advantage of this lovely setting and its outlook! Nevertheless it was an excellent evening..... situated in the marquee..... with an abundant and wonderful selection of fine fish dishes....and a 4 piece ceilidh band to follow! We will endeavour to be accommodated there later in the year to rate as a hotel.............but having been there several times on occassions during the early 1980s.........I could see that nothing had change..........except for aging!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverfordwest
Slebech Park
Wolfscastle Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wolf's Castle
Gellifawr Woodland Retreat
Broadmead Boutique B&B

Been to The Druidstone? Share your experiences!