“Unreal ice cream!”

Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The ice cream at contis is so good, hasnt changed since first tasting it as a boy! Like the new design of the cafe too.

1  Thank jackj1993
Karina F, Public Relations Manager at Conti's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Hi there, thank you so much for your review, so glad you enjoyed the ice cream and we very much appreciate the feedback. What could we do to make it a 5* experience the next time?

There are newer reviews for Conti's Cafe

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were in the area for the first time and found Conti's by chance. Lucky find. We were desperate for food having missed lunch and so their vegetarian and non vegetarian all day breakfast suited us fine at the time.

The young staff were friendly and welcoming, even though they were getting ready to close within the hour. Nothing was too much trouble.

Nice coffee and chocolate cake to finish. I was tempted by the delicious looking ice cream, but it was quite rainy and a bit cold looking outside, so I think I made the right choice at the time.

2  Thank Cecil H
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Lived in Lampeter for a thousand years. The new refurbished Conti's is a real delight! I'm always greeted with such friendliness from the excellent waitress staff, and served high quality delicious food without a long wait. You can always get very fresh healthy salads here which is great for health purists, but you can also get the best ice cream anywhere in the world here. It's made in Lampeter and I don't know what they put in it but please can I have some more. 5 stars because all this is topped off with affordability.

4  Thank Moustakiman
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was brought up in the area & moved away 20 years ago but when I return to visit family I have to call in for some of their divine ice-cream as it is the best you'll ever taste anywhere!!

The cafe has undergone somewhat of a facelift over the past few years but you still get the fantastic atmosphere you had 20 and more years ago!!

The food is always great, fresh and served with a smile.

Contis cafe has been here since the 40's, run by different generations of the same family and its a testament to them as a family that its still there, standing proud on the town square still going strong ........ No visit to Lampeter is completed without calling in to Contis for a scoop (or two) of their amazing ice-cream!!

3  Thank Eleri D
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been visiting Conti's Cafe every time I come though Lampeter since I first discovered this gem about 4 years ago.

On my most recent visit I was pleasantly shocked with the total redesign done to the inside of the Cafe. It looks absolutely amazing! Everything is new, upgraded, stylish, and very clean!

I sat down and had a bowl of the homemade Cawl soup which was served with a piece of bread. I thought it was reasonably priced and tasted great. The vegetables were tender and the beef practically fell apart. I definitely would recommend this for lunch if you find yourself a little peckish in Lampeter.

Now for the hard part, picking what flavour of their homemade traditional ice cream to have for dessert! Anyone who has been to Conti's and tried their ice cream will know exactly what I am talking about. They now have many new flavours and picking your favourite will be a struggle. The best way is to go with a group of people and have everyone try something different so you can sneak a taste of them all :).

Personally, I enjoy the Traditional and Salted Caramel the most... I think... for now! Every time I go I find new flavours that are equally as good. I was not surprised to hear they have won TWO True Taste of Wales Awards! Congrats goes out to their very skilled in-house ice cream maker.

I would finally just like to send a thank you to the wonderful staff who always have a smile on their face and go beyond all of my expectations every time I'm in there!

If you are lucky enough to live close to Lampeter and silly enough to not tried the ice cream, coffee, and food in Conti's you need to put that at the top of your todo list. If you are up for the trip take my word for it the ice cream alone is worth the journey.

All the best! I hope to be able to buy your amazing ice cream in a local grocery store soon!

3  Thank Michael C