“Ice cream dream”

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hereford
“Ice cream dream”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

It's a long time since I went in Contis. My children were little and now they're grown up. I can't have ice cream now for health reasons. But I do remember how delicious it is, and I drool every time I pass the place! I think it's still run by the same Italian family who as we all know make the best ice cream in the world. Not surprising, as the Romans invented it!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank gayrobot

“What A Timeless Gem...”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Conti's is a little welsh gem. Fighting against the corporate companies that little our high streets these days! something different that brings so much to Lampeter and Wales as a whole! Food simple but good, ice cream......what can be said that hasn't been said before, THE BEST ICE CREAM IN WALES!! just go and give it a go...

2 Thank Tomas C
“The smell of burning toast”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I decided to have a coffee and toasted sandwich while waiting for a friend. As we occasionally go to Conti's I knew not to expect a gourmet experience. Some time after sitting down, there was an intense smell of burned toast, the accompanying smoke and staff rushed to open the door. As it was a cool day, it became quite chilly. When my food arrived (toasted sandwich) I found that the underside of the sandwich was completely burned - pitch black. They must have thought I wouldn't notice if they put the black side down on the plate. I complained and received a new sandwich. While accidents can happen, it is not ok to try to hide them and serve customers a completely burned piece of toast. They have redecorated now and updated their menu but still no toilets and I doubt the food has changed much. Also, they do not display their hygiene rating, presumably they would if it was a 4 or 5.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank S E
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Conti's now under new ownership”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Conti's is now under new owner ship and in the process of refurbishment!
The ice cream remains second to none and has just been awarded TWO "Wales True Taste Awards".

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank lestlele
Lampeter, United Kingdom
“Icecream to die for!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Love the ice cream here and the milky coffee. Surroundings put me off having a meal though. It hasn't changed much in 30 years!

Visited February 2012