“Can't get enough”

Castle Green
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Lampeter
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Castle Green is a Public House and Restaurant. Bryan is the Owner and Chef; please try his food. We like to rely on reservations for evening restaurant meals and should be made no later than 3.00pm daily by telephone. We cater for large Organisation parties and coaches by prior reservations, day or evening. There is a 4 meat Carvery served every Sunday and you really need to reserve early to avoid any disappointment as it is very busy. PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT TAKE CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS.
“Can't get enough”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Me and my boyfriend love visiting the castle green very regularly. We visit the carvery nearly every Sunday and the food is never disappointing. We always bring our friends and they themselves become hooked :)
Aside from that the atmosphere in the pub/ restaurant is lovely. It's relaxed, lively, comfortable and homely all at the same time. The staff are lovely and polite and do all they can to please every single person that walks through their doors. We have also had family meals there in the evening and have always been very impressed with the food provided and cannot get enough of it. As a venue for events the castle green also triumphs. Previously I have organised work events on a large scale at the venue and they have always been amazingly accommodating for all price budgets. To sum it up the castle green is the best place to go in Lampeter by far. Go and try it for yourself.

1 Thank haylz697

“Best Carvery”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I'm an American student studying at the university. I don't normally go to carverys because their expensive but when I do, I'm usually disappointed by the quality and the atmosphere. However, Castle Green truly delivers in both categories and their food and drinks are affordable and tasty! It's also a great place to hang out with friends and family for a late one. It's a little gem hidden in Lampeter and it is well worth the visit.

Lampeter, United Kingdom
“Best place in Lampeter!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I cannot speak highly enough of Castle Green! A group of 12 or 13 people went for a birthday meal, and it was one of the best meals I have had in restaurant; the food was lovely and well priced, and the service was very good as well. Castle Green is also the choice place for us to go for a night at the pub too. It has a very homely atmosphere whilst still maintaining a sense of professionalism. If you are in Lampeter and looking for somewhere to go for either a full meal or just a few drinks, then Castle Green is the place to go!

“Favourite pub by far.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My girlfriend and I have been coming around once a week for the past year and a half to play pool, drink and chat with the lovely owners. Bryan and Mavis never fail to make us feel welcome and we certainly never go away dissatisfied. We have had two romantic meals there and one celebratory with friends and every time we were treated to Bryan's incredible award winning food, welcoming atmosphere and hearty Gwent Y Ddraig cider. We have also held society meetings and socials here with great success. There have been times when the town got a little rough after a series of fights but we have always felt safe in those walls (which may have something to do with the fiery Mavis). We have been peckish on a night out and more than once Bryan has treated us to some leftovers at the end of a night. On our anniversary it happened to fall on a Sunday evening after the carvery but when we told Bryan he didn't blink at it and still opened up the kitchen just for the two of us. I could give more and more stories of our wonderful times here but though I can't guarantee everyone's experience will be the same as ours, I can guarantee if you love the Castle Green it will love you back.

• Visited February 2014
Lampeter, United Kingdom
“Best Food, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I go to the Castle Green regularly to play darts and they are always polite and accommodating. There's such a friendly atmosphere I always look forward to going there. I like it so much my fiance and I went to the Castle Green for Christmas dinner and it was fantastic. Absolutely delicious food. There was such a selection to choose from we had to try everything!

Visited December 2013