“Kidwelly B&B does it again”

Kidwelly Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Kidwelly B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My second visit to Gerri & Nick but this time I took my wife. We arrived after watching our son racing at Pembrey and Gerri came out to meet us and welcome us with yea and cakes. We had a long chat and invited to bring back a meal, having set the table for 2. We did bring a meal back and followed Gerri's instruction NOT to clear away the debris of an indoor picnic. After a good nights sleep we had a hearty breakfast with strong coffee, as ordered, and a continuation of a long and interesting conversation with Ralph Pam & Pete from the USA. Kidwelly B&B offers a great stay, attentive hosts and reasonably priced. A really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank chappie1955
KidwellyBandB, Owner at Kidwelly Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank for your kind words. It was lovely to see you again and to meet your wife. I hope that your son's race went well and you all had cause to celebrate. We look forward to seeing you again next time he races.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had a lovely welcome tea coffee and homemade cake on arrival,rooms clean ,comfy and tastefully decorated and added bonus was a freshly cooked breakfast at what time suited us!! Couldn't ask for more, would definitely return

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Well I think the title of this review pretty much sums this place up but I'll elaborate. We, me and my wife, arrived on bikes after a pretty grueling 76 mile ride from our home in the Brecon Beacons to be greeted with a smile, tea and plenty of cakes which was so appreciated. Bottles on our bikes were quickly removed, washed refilled and replaced the next morning ready for our return journey. Our bikes were stored in a secure lock up, or was that impounded until we paid!!

The B&B itself was faultless, and had a real nice feel to it and provided more than enough items such as the usual tea/coffee facilities in your room, a bowl of sweets, tissues, toiletries including shampoo and conditioner (which was welcome as to save weight we don't carry such things on a bike). There was even a small fridge on the landing which you could keep a bottle of wine or some beer in and also had fresh milk in for your tea/coffee so no horrid UHT mini cartons in sight.

Breakfast - the usual traditional breafast was available, which was beautifully cooked and presented, but therewas also some unusual and interesting choices on the menu such as Crepes, maple syrup and crispy bacon mmmmmmmm.

So there you have it a place I'd highly recommend for anyone but especially so cyclists who may be passing through on Sustrans NCR 4 long distance route or who are staying in the area cycling the many cycle routes in the area. I defy anyone not to like this place but there again there are always those that go out of their way to look for a reason to complain rather than look for reasons why a place like this is so special.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I arrived somewhat earlier than anticipated after walking from Pembrey and found the property on a rising hill just outside the centre of Kidwelly and announced with an attractive black iron sign. I was given the warmest of welcomes by Gerri and entered directly into an attractively furnished lounge/dining room. My room was spotless with an excellent shower and (unusually but very welcome) a most comfortable bed with sheet and blankets (no duvet) and two very soft and plump pillows. There were three differently sized towels. Fresh milk was available with mugs (and cups) for tea.

Having settled in, I was invited back to the lounge for a pot of tea and cakes. Conversation about a range of matters with Gerri was so easy, just like talking with an old friend. In our initial telephone conversation, I had already established that her husband Nick shared an interest in steam trains and so a chat with him added to a most pleasurable stay.

Breakfast included a good choice and presentation. I stayed 2 nights and Gerri was happy for me to hang around on the second morning before my 11.30 train back to London.

I will not hesitate to book a first night here when I (hopefully) start on my next stage of the Wales Coast Walk. Exceptional value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Welcome with real warmth, service with true feeling and quality at a fraction of the cost you would pay in a four start hotel. Can you recall the last time you pulled into the car park of your accommodation when you opened the door of your car and received a greeting plus help with your bags from the owners or manager of the establishment . Bedrooms well appointed, clean, warm and comfortable. Bathroom clean with lots of towels plus nice touches and plenty of hot water. Tea and cakes on arrival plus if you are on business use of the lounge for meetings with light refreshments and a great breakfast choice.Cost of stay incredibly economical and I just wanted to pay more as it is worth ever penny.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

From the first point of contact with Gerri to book this accommodation, I knew this was going to be a perfect find. Gerri and her husband were very accommodating, very friendly and just couldnt do enough for my family. We stayed at this bed and breakfast the night before a funeral of a relative, they were very mindful of this and even let us have a late breakfast and a very late checkout so we could get ready for the funeral - nothing was too much trouble. This was rated four star, really warrants a 5 star. We were greeted on arrival with tea, coffee, welsh cakes and other cakes - perfect touch after a very long drive. Very comfortable bed and very nice clean room with tea/coffee making facilities. Would highly recommend. Thank you so much to Gerri and her husband for their kindness.

Room Tip: All the rooms are top class.