“Horrible place to stay, never again.”
Review of Days Inn Magor

Days Inn Magor
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Magor
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Booked a month in advance on their website, got confirmation and booking number but no room when we arrived. Given alternative option, room like a sauna, when you open the window noise from services carpark all night. Sweated like a pig and no sleep. Only one set of towels for two adults. Bathroom door would not close. No extra pillows in room.Nobody on reception to complain to. Would not stay here if they paid me, thank god it was only a single night.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank TRAVELBILL16
Rachel M, Manager at Days Inn Magor, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you in the future.

Rachel Monday
Manager

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Realy pleased that i booked my stay here clean comfortable room ,pleasant staff will be bac here again.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The Days Inn is joined to the service station and was previously a Travelodge which unfortunatley is in a tatty state .When we stayed the service station was being refurbished so i hope so will the accomodation.The fittings are very tatty and the cold water tap in the bathroom woulsd not turn off.The bed was fine but unlike the other Day's Inns we have stayed in the sofa bed was an ex Travelodge and not a proper bed.The staff were excellent and very helpful .The position is very good and the service station has a good selection of places to eat including a Mac Donalds .If the site is refurbished to the same standard as other Day's Inn's this should be a great place to stay

Room Tip: if you are a lkight sleeper get a room at the rear to the right as the service station can be really...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Very helpful staff, comfortable rooms, excellent location only 100m from M4. For an overnight business stay absolutely no need to pay the extra £20 to stay at the Hampton across the Roundabout. Good Tip in the Winter this Hotel is excellent as every room has a very good heater!

Room Tip: All rooms identical,apart from choice of Twin or Double. Disabled rooms available near to Reception.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Even if this was the last place on earth I would never consider staying here again. It is like a living hell. On entering the travel lodge we were instructed to sit down as the receptionist was very stressed and unsure of which rooms each guest was staying in. We had to stay on the couch in the lobby for a number of minutes before she even took our names. At this point I should have turned and ran.
Upon entering the room things did not improve the whole room smelt and looked like something from a 1970's horror movie. The couch was sagging brown and full of cigarette burns or moth holes. Upon using the bathroom I noticed the decaying skeleton of a moth behind the door which had obviously been there for some time. The bath plughole was full of hairs and used soap so I could not bring myself to use it.
I was dying for a nice cup of tea but even this died a death as the kettle and cups were caked in drips of tea or coffee - who knows which, yet consequently tea or coffee became very unappealing. The room felt and generally looked unclean with bits all over the carpet. As a consequence of this I refused to undress to sleep. It was the noisiest, most uncomfortable night of my life. I was lucky to get 5 minute periods of sleep while rolling towards my husband on a rock hard bed. What made it worse was on leaving my husband asked if the used tissue under the bed belonged to me - it didn't - how disgusting I was even more freaked out and disgusted.
To make matters worse although this had nothing to to with the hotel but obviously the area upon leaving the lodge we realised that someone had stolen our windscreen wipers and badly damaged and attachment on one. What a complete hole. I can not believe we only spent £40 more for dinner bed and breakfast in a top class hotel the following night and we stayed here on a room only basis. The only advice I can give you is do not stay here. If the worst comes to the worst sleep in the car.
My husband subsequently completed a questionnaire with travel lodge which a number of weeks later they have failed to respond to. Once again I reiterate DO NOT STAY HERE - BE WARNED!!

Room Tip: dirty, noisy, uncomfortable, disgusting
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lfield100
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We chose this place for one reason alone a cheap place to stay near the M4. The room was smelly and the whole place needed a refurb. Saying that four people staying in a hotel room for less than fifty quid is quite good value but once you add in thirty quid for a mediocre breakfast in the adjoining service station it's not so cheap.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank DVETheK
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Room dirty, beds uncomfortable and well used, furniture and bedside table dirty. Coffee stains bedside tables.
Had to ask for extra towel, sheet for single bed and remote control missing.
Restaurant food diabolical, it’s staff rude and unhelpful. Only plus girl on reception very helpful.
Overall standards fell well low of what one would expect, however seem to be the norm for Travelodge.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank postnote
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magor
Hampton by Hilton Newport East
Holiday Inn Express Newport
New Inn Hotel
New Inn Hotel
#7 of 18 in Newport

Been to Days Inn Magor? Share your experiences!