Found this on Booking.com and was ideal as it was close to where we need to be in Langstone. Although it was easily spotted from the motorway it was diffcult to find how to actually get to the hotel, eventually we found it and the first impression of the hotel was good as you can tell it's brand new.
However that was as good as it got. Our room wasn't set up as we requested a family room, spoken to the receptionist and he told us that he will report it back to housekeeping. That is great but doesn't help us. So was quite disappointed as he didn't even offered us an apology or to assist us in making up the sofa bed (think he was more concern with getting his cigarette break). Eventually me and my wife did figured out how to set up the sofa bed, but to our digust we found a dirty sock & sweet wrapper left under the bed. As it was quite late and it had been a long drive from Wakefield, we didn't bother to reporting this straight away.
The AC unit in the room is the most complex & noisy system in any hotel we ever stayed in, and it taken for ever to heat the room up as it only seems to blow out slightly warm air.
In the morning we came down for breakfast and reported what we found under the bed to the lady receptionist, Again no apology but she will let housekeeping know. To their credit the breakfast itself was quite decent, but a hello or a morning from the breakfast staffs would be nice. I don't think any of the staffs that were working during our stay actually had any form of customer service training.
This is a shame as it's a fantastic looking hotel it just need the Manager to get the housekeeping, reception and breakfast team to the same level as the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton by Hilton Newport/East is proud to be the first newly built brand hotel providing the perfect location for a visit to South Wales close to Junction 23a of the M4 [Opened September 2010]. Start the day off while enjoying a relaxing hot & cold breakfast in our dining area or in our work zone with our free Wi-Fi or even back to your room for a high speed internet connection. With a focus on unfussy service & great facilities this contemporary hotel is only a 25 minute drive to Cardiff. With an enviable location close to the M4, Newport, Bristol & Cardiff the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts you near it all. We’re close to Cardiff City with Cardiff Castle, Millennium Stadium & Cardiff also Bristol Hippodrome. Newport train station is 8 miles away; Bristol airport and Cardiff airport are only 34 miles & 26 miles respectively. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts South Wales and Southwest England at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton by Hilton Newport East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Hotel Magor
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Magor, Wales