I was staying here for one night with my work colleagues prior to a works conference at the Celtic Manor. There was eight in our party and a table was booked for 8pm. We arrived at different times but placed our food orders.......well, I call it food but!! Burger orders were placed with a pizza and a couple of chilli con carne's. We waited and waited and waited......at 9.50pm our order came out......this was utterly unacceptable as there was hardly any other diners and it wasn't busy in any way at all. Whilst we waited one of my colleagues also noticed that in his pint of lemon juice there was a milky mass at the bittom of his glass with also a bit floating around......this was obviously a glass that hadn't even been washed........it was really disgusting!
The rooms were nicely appointed and good value for the money however the mattresses are very firm. I had a room on the top floor but was right next to the M4 and didn't get any sleep as heard all the traffic noise all night and there wasn't even curtains to keep out the light......it was just a netting!! I will certainly not stay in a Hampton by Hilton hotel ever again and would never recommend it to anyone :-(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton by Hilton Newport/East is proud to be the first newly built brand hotel providing the perfect location for a visit to South Wales close to Junction 23a of the M4 [Opened September 2010]. Start the day off while enjoying a relaxing hot & cold breakfast in our dining area or in our work zone with our free Wi-Fi or even back to your room for a high speed internet connection. With a focus on unfussy service & great facilities this contemporary hotel is only a 25 minute drive to Cardiff. With an enviable location close to the M4, Newport, Bristol & Cardiff the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts you near it all. We’re close to Cardiff City with Cardiff Castle, Millennium Stadium & Cardiff also Bristol Hippodrome. Newport train station is 8 miles away; Bristol airport and Cardiff airport are only 34 miles & 26 miles respectively. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts South Wales and Southwest England at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton by Hilton Newport East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Hotel Magor
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Magor, Wales