Booked this hotel for a Saturday as we were visiting Cardiff on the Sunday. We booked the room through expedia getting it for £49, making it cheaper than Premier Inns and Travelodges in the area on the same night, and at this price it was really very good value for money. Although the hotel is visible from the motorway its actually quite tricky to find although this was mostly bcause of some roadworks happening when we visited. The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere and from the outside is nothing much to look at. However inside it is all much smarter however. We were checked in quickly and efficiently and were in our room moments after entering the hotel.
The rooms are definitely a strength of this hotel, although not huge they are very comfortable and you do feel like you're in a more expensive hotel. The bed is comfy, there is a sofa with footstool and the bathroom is great with good shower and plenty of shampoos etc. to use.
The breakfast in the morning was great for a free breakfast, all the food tasted good and there was enough choice of hot and cold. My only problem with it was that you get small plates for the hot food, presumably to discourage taking more than you need, but actually just made it quite difficult to eat off. There was also copies of the Independent on Sunday to read during breakfast which was a bonus as my wife never makes it down to breakfast and saved my feeling uncomfortable sat on my own.
The only things letting this hotel down is its location. We knew it was outside Cardiff when we booked but it takes much longer getting in and out of Cardiff than google maps had led me to believe at any time of day. Considering there is so little in the area they could do with offering a better menu as we were looking for some dinner but avoided the bar as there was only a very limited offering. We then set off in our car to try and find something to eat and ended up driving all the way into Cardiff to find somewhere to east.
That aside we had a lovely stay at this hotel and would absolutely book again at a similar or even slightly higher price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton by Hilton Newport/East is proud to be the first newly built brand hotel providing the perfect location for a visit to South Wales close to Junction 23a of the M4 [Opened September 2010]. Start the day off while enjoying a relaxing hot & cold breakfast in our dining area or in our work zone with our free Wi-Fi or even back to your room for a high speed internet connection. With a focus on unfussy service & great facilities this contemporary hotel is only a 25 minute drive to Cardiff. With an enviable location close to the M4, Newport, Bristol & Cardiff the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts you near it all. We’re close to Cardiff City with Cardiff Castle, Millennium Stadium & Cardiff also Bristol Hippodrome. Newport train station is 8 miles away; Bristol airport and Cardiff airport are only 34 miles & 26 miles respectively. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure the Hampton by Hilton Newport East hotel puts South Wales and Southwest England at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton by Hilton Newport East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Hotel Magor
- Hampton By Hilton Newport East Magor, Wales