“10 out of 10” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Magor
Essex, United Kingdom
“10 out of 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

Fabulous hotel, great value for money. We stayed for 2 nights and the staff were consistently fabulous. Very helpful with advise for eating out, service at the bar etc.
Rooms and the whole hotel were spotless. Fast wifi meant working was effortless and the loung/bar area was superb.
Will definatley be back.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton by Hilton at magor on Jan 28th. We were not expecting much for the very low price but couldn't have been more wrong. we chose this hotel for its location as I had an early shift in nearby Newport the next morning and my husband was going back to Bristol. It is located just off the exit for Magor and was very easy to find.
The reception staff were really friendly and seemed genuinely interested in what we had planned.
The room was exceptionally clean and had been done to a high standard. The bed was comfortable and we both slept well.
I was worried about noise levels as there were children in the corridor when we went to our room but we didn't hear them after a few minutes, their bedtime as well maybe?
I am unsure if noise could be a problem if you had a large amount of people talking in the hallways but we didn't have a problem.
The bathroom was very clean and the shower had plenty of hot water. I am on the short side and found it quite a reach to wash my hands as the vanity unit is wide but it gave my husband a giggle so no harm done.
I left in the morning before breakfast but my husband thought
it was of a fair standard. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank annadash
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed for 1 night just before Christmas. The check in was quick and efficient. The rooms are new, clean and well equiped. Parking was plentyful and it has easy access to the M4. There are no restaurants in the immediate area but the hotel does serve a small selection of food.
The room was amazing vaue at £43 for 2 including breakfast. I cant say this was a complaint but it was difficult to find somewhere to sit to eat breakfast as local office staff were having breakfast and the pastries were stale but other than that it was a perfect stay

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BUSTYBREEZER
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

Third time I have stayed here in the last 12 months. And would recommend it.
The rooms are spotless, and the local village of Magor, offers some fantastic options for eating, if you want to stretch your legs and have a short stroll into the village.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed here a few months ago as I was in the area at an equine event. The hotel was cheap and cheerful therefore I booked it also stating that it had a complimentary breakfast. When we arrived, the hotel was exactly as pictured, new and smart looking and our room was very good. However, my dissapointment came in the morning when we came to breakfast. Although it was busy, there was nowhere near enough food for the amount of people staying at the hotel, when we asked if anymore food was being bought out, we got a poor response from a young member of staff, when it did arrive, there was only around 6 pieces and so it continued....
I have sent emails complaining to the manager of the hotel with a lack of a response which personally shows a lack of care towards unsatisfied customers and would have appareciated a reply to explain why this had occured.
Overall we did enjoy our stay and we will be returning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank chantelle s
roger_goldsworthy, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Newport East, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
I am very sorry that this complaint has not been dealt with.
I have discussed with each of my Management team and none of us has received this complaint.
I pride myself in replying to all customer letters and emails by return, and will certainly do the same with this if I can ask the contributor to contact me on,
roger.goldsworthy@hilton.com
Many thanks in anticipation.
Roger Goldsworthy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night break at this hotel. Was quite quiet as we arrived New Years Day - not sure what the hotel is like when busy I guess the breakfast experience may be a little different if the hotel is fully booked as it is a help yourself set up.

Room - immaculately clean and tidy, very modern and still feels very new. Loved the bathroom with great walk in shower. Room very quiet at night which was a bonus for me as I am a light sleeper and frequently stay in hotels and get very little sleep - again the noise levels may be different when the hotel is busy however despite being right next to the motorway there is no traffic noise at all.

Very friendly receptionists ( Emily and Alice if I recall correctly ) in fact all staff we encountered were friendly and polite.

Excellent value for money - paid less than £80 for 2 nights which includes breakfastand free wifi - this is less than we would have paid at a Premier Inn.

Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Were to start, hot water goes off and you have to argue with reception to put it back on, the breakfast is cold no orange juice because they forgot to order it no sausages because the supplier ran out, wi fi no reception to all but some of first floor if you put Hilton in your name you expect a decent standard but this place is shiny new but terrible stay in a travel inn or a bus stop but anywhere but here

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Polarbear3333
roger_goldsworthy, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Newport East, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
This review is unrepresentative of this Hotel, and is subject to review pending removal from this website
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magor
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
Coldra Court Hotel
Coldra Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Langstone

Been to Hampton by Hilton Newport East? Share your experiences!