“Salt Marsh kitchen heaven!”
Review of Salt Marsh Kitchen

Salt Marsh Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Tywyn
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed dinning bistro serving season fresh food with a focus on quality. The main focus of the menu is around welsh produce and seafood.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Visited this new, much needed eating place in Tywyn.
Was not disappointed, staff were attentive and friendly, food was excellent and fresh.
Menu seemed to change appropriately and according to seasonal and obtainable constraints.
Will return again on our next visit.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I ate here on 16th and 20th June 2014 and experienced very high quality cooking served by friendly staff. All the food was excellent including a wonderful lobster bisque, fresh fillet of sea bass and fresh fillet of bream - both served with new potatoes and samphire - YES samphire and slow roast lamb to die for with a creamy mash. There was a wide selection of beers, soft drinks and wines all at reasonable prices.
Total price on both occasions for two people with a bottle of wine was around £60 BUT you could eat here at much lower cost choosing from their excellent selection of home baked pizzas. Indeed on both occasions there were parties of young people having a great time with great food.
Highly recommended

1  Thank Dsbackpacker
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were recommended by the guest house we were staying in to try the Salt Marsh Kitchen and as it was our Wedding Anniversary we thought it would be a nice treat. We were offered a warm welcome, the locally sourced produce was top notch (try the Smoked Mackerel) and excellent value!

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I'd been wanting to eat at this place for ages, as I've been visiting Tywyn for more years than I care to mention, it's never really had any great places to eat in my opinion. After reading the reviews and looking at the menus on the website, I finally had a very enjoyable visit on a gloriously sunny Saturday evening. The decor and atmosphere is fresh and welcoming, the staff knowledgeable and friendly. I decided to start with tempura battered mullet fillets, with a chilli dipping sauce, which were wonderfully cooked and absolutely delicious. It was the evening of England's opening game in the World Cup (ahem) and I wanted carbs, so I opted for a 9" stone baked fungi pizza and a side salad. The side salad was a bit on the small side, and whilst the pizza was nice, it certainly wasn't exceptional, not being quite as crispy as stone baked ones should be. For dessert, I plumped for a chocolate and orange tiramisu, which was delightfully light and moreish. The service was spot on and the drinks were reasonably priced. My fellow diners were delighted with there meals, and like myself, can't wait to return.

1  Thank Steven H
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have visited here on three occasions, and have found the food to be absolutely delicious every time. Whether you are after a lunchtime pizza, or a three course dinner, there is something for everyone. Vegetarians are well catered for too. The service is very friendly, and the decor is pleasant. It was fun to watch some 'locally sourced ingredients' arriving during our supper - very different from a big city restaurant.

2  Thank victoria021