“Sunday night dinner in Tywyn” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dine India
Ranked #14 of 23 Restaurants in Tywyn
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Sunday night dinner in Tywyn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

As far as I could tell, the only choices for eating out in Tywyn on Bank Holiday Sunday evening is Dine India, the Tywyn Balti and the fish and chip shop.
On the basis of reviews here I chose Dine India. Eating alone, I chose a simple meal of chicken curry with nan bread, washed down with a Cobra beer. My meal arrived promptly, was well-cooked and well-presented and was pleasant to eat. The table linen and cutlery looked clean and the waiters were efficient.
I've rated the restaurant as average because it's pretty much identical in decor, food and service to every other Indian restaurant I've ever been in - no better, no worse.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank bungalowphil

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Plenty of heat, but lacking flavour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

There were 2 Indian restaurants in Tywyn, so we decided to go for Dine India- given that it's had a few good reviews from the Trip Advisor members.

We opted for chicken rogan josh from the takeaway menu, and while the service was fast and friendly, the food itself was a little bland and lacking in flavour....the chicken pieces were pretty scarce too unfortunately.

But all in all the prices at Dine India weren't too expensive and the food had a decent amount of heat, so it was worth trying once- and i've certainly been to far worse Indian takeaways than this one.

• Visited August 2013
Rawtenstall, United Kingdom
“Slightly old fashioned decor, but decent food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and myself stayed in Tywyn for a weeks holiday. My husband loves indian food and immediately sought out an Indian takeaway. We used the indian on at least 5 occassions & our experience of the food was good, & staff were friendly. I would recommend to anyone, the only down side was that they didn't deliver.

• Visited July 2013
Tywyn, United Kingdom
“Dine India”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Indian food is not my first option when dining out but last Saturday evening we wanted to eat out within walking distance of our Tywyn base. Our first choice which I will not mention here was sold out of food for the evening when we arrived at 7.45pm. Had we known this we would never have ordered the drinks! By the time we arrived at Dine India is was full but the staff were very accommodating and some other customers actually agreed to move tables to fit us in!
The food was fine I cannot say more as I am not an expert on Indian cuisine, the staff were friendly and helpful when asked. The service was slow but the restaurant was full to bursting plus they were dealing with a lot of take away orders as well. Conclusion if it is full and you are in a hurry it might not be a good choice for you, if you are prepared to sit back relax and chat to others waiting perfect.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tywyn, United Kingdom
“The better option”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Of the two Indian takeaways this is the better of the two in Tywyn in our experience. Don't expect large portions and the prices for the area are a little keen but the food we have ordered over the months has been tasty enough for us to return for more

Visited July 2013