“Another great stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tywyn
Preswylfa Guest House
Ranked #3 of 10 Tywyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Once again a very warm welcome, excellent stay and a great breakfast. The rooms are cosy, and the hotel is in a great location for the centre of Tywyn. Opposite the train station and a short stroll from the sea. Don't worry about the train station being noisy, as It's not a busy station.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tatts2
There are newer reviews for Preswylfa Guest House

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Friendly B&B in a fascinating town (visit the Norman church!). Wide range of breakfast choices even for vegetarians. Hosts were well-informed about the area, which is a lovely part of Wales between sea and mountains. An added bonus was the fine cat who made us feel at home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Preswylfa2, Owner at Preswylfa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Ben (the cat) will be very pleased to welcome you again. Jane

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Lovely couple running the B&B made me feel very welcome. Cannot fault the breakfast both timing/ service and range of options. Little extras such as the fudge/ cookie in the room were a lovely touch to my stay. The cat is also very friendly! Room and bathroom was clean and warm.

Room Tip: I stayed in the small single room - was perfect base for the stay.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed in November 2013 to enable us to visit friends. We were given a very warm & friendly welcome by our hosts, who helped my wife with the cases to the room while I was shown to the car park. The room was exceptional and the beds very comfortable with fresh milk, great choice of coffee & teas with a nice little welcome of fudge and topped with welsh cakes the following day. The location is excellent as my wife cannot walk far but managed to the pub ok. Not our first visit to Tywyn but our first to this establishment and if needs require not our last. The breakfast was excellent every morning of our three day stay and the choice is extensive, better than some large hotels we've stayed in. Jane & Lawrence keep up the great work and I hoped you enjoyed your Daughters graduation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John H
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My mother and I stayed at Preswylfa in September 2013. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the bay window, looking down at the street with beautiful flowers everywhere. It was great to have accessible parking just behind the house, and the sea is only a short distance down the road. The room itself was attractive, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast choices are extensive, and the food was delicious; I was delighted to have an opportunity to try Glamorgan sausage. Most important, though, was the warm hospitality we experienced from Jane and her family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lorief
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I cannot recommend this guesthouse enough. It is right next door to the Tywyn mainline railway station, and a five minute walk to the delightful Talyllyn Railway for narrow gauge steam, making this a perfect location if one likes trains, or wishes to explore this coast. Lawrence and Jane Garney's warm hospitality make this place something extra. The breakfast is excellent, and so is the evening meal if ordered extra. The rooms are clean, tidy with excellent shower, and everything is very tastefully decorated.My wife and I were completely satisfied and would gladly visit again.

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel for pastoral and mountain view and quietness, the front for a view of the rail...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Finntrainfan
Reviewed October 4, 2013

What more can you add, this is a lovely place to stay. I was in the single room which was very nice with welcome items laid out and a comfortable bed. For breakfast over the three days, I tried the various locally produced items that were splendid, and set you up for the day. The off street parking is very helpful, and the location is perfect for being able to walk anywhere in Tywyn. I would certainly make a return booking.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cameron S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tywyn
Penhelig Arms
Penhelig Arms
#2 of 3 in Aberdyfi (Aberdovey)
Hotel Portmeirion
#2 of 4 in Barmouth
Leahurst Bed & Breakfast
Seabreeze Restaurant with Rooms
Seabreeze Restaurant with Rooms
#2 of 11 in Aberdyfi (Aberdovey)
Awel y Mor
Awel y Mor
#3 of 11 in Aberdyfi (Aberdovey)

Been to Preswylfa Guest House? Share your experiences!