“I'd live here if I could!”
Review of Manorhaus Ruthin

Manorhaus Ruthin
Ranked #4 of 15 Ruthin B&B and Inns
England
“I'd live here if I could!”
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I have stayed at the Manorhaus several times and every time it has been a relaxing, stress free experience. I stayed in Oriel 8 which had walls adorned with tasteful and original art from local artists, rather than the usual dreadful stuff on hotel walls. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom compact but clean and it had a bath as well as a shower - always a plus after a hard day. I particularly appreciated the little library area where I could use my laptop in peace. I guess the library would be too small and intrusive if more than one person wanted to use it, though. The menu was varied and interesting. They use local produce and seasonal vegetables - always a good sign. If I have one criticism it's the vague identity of the place. The Manorhaus describes itself as a restaurant with rooms, rather than a hotel. This could explain why, when my husband phoned and asked to be put through to my room, he was rather promptly told that, as it was not a hotel, no, he couldn't. Not everyone has a mobile or wishes to use the mobile for a long conversation, guys!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Bangor, North Wales
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Very efficient but friendly hosts who stashed our bikes safely away for the night while we ate in the excellent restaurant. Vegetarian choices were limited but were very good, we'd certainly enjoy eating here again. Unfortunately we didn't have time to experience the sauna or the library, the weather was too good to want to be indoors.

The bedroom was small, but this wasn't important to us. The bed was very comfortable and the road outside was very quiet on an October Monday so we slept well.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
oxfordshire
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My partner and I have just returned from a 3 nigt stay. We were very impressed with every aspect of the hotel. The food was first class and the service attentive without being oppressive. Nothing was too much trouble including internet searches on obscure attractions. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed August 24, 2009

we stayed here for the weekend on a mountain biking trip. We booked the last minute bed, breakfast and dinner deal and it was brilliant value for money. The rooms were really stylish and comfy, the food was lovely and the two guys who run the hotel are extremely welcoming - one is even the mayor or Ruthin!. we especially enjoyed the sauna and steam rooms after a long day biking. great breakfasts. would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveller1976079
Portland, OR
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We stayed in Ruthin two nights. I read dthe reviews and since Ruthin is reasonably close to Holyhead, our ferry town for Ireland, that this might be a nice place to stop and see Wales. It was. I liked the Pros and Cons review of JemimaGold.

Pros - Central location in Ruthin, great hosts Chris and Gavin who did everything for us, great food.

Cons - like Jemimagold, parking was a small problem. The room was wierd! Bright reds and a chair that had arms six feet tall (no kidding!). The bed was not the most comfortable.

We wandered through town, and never saw the Wales that we wanted since we really wanted to just relax a bit, so satisfied ourselves in Ruthin. It was a nice stop for a day.

Would I stay again? Possibly. We looked at the Castle Ruthin Hotel, not t be confused with the Castle Hotel, which looked to be a dump. I looked at Trip Advisors reviews and only saw one review, so chose Manorhaus instead. I would rethink that if I were doing it again. We had tea there and it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Aussie tripping around
Reviewed June 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Manorhaus for 2 nights. From the moment we arrived the two partners were very pleasant and helpful. We had two very heavy bags, Gavin told us where to park and on our return he had taken the bags to our room which we were very grateful for. He explained everything to us that the hotel had to offer. The room was small but very adequate for a standard. The furnishings were very modern and lovely and they also had double glazing on the windows which to me is a sign that the hotel truly wants their guests to be comfortable. We loved the library where you could take out dvds and watch on your TV and we took advantage of that. Breakfast was delicious and they were genuine when asking what you were doing for the day. We explained we would like to take the steam train but was not if it was running, without even being asked the man was back in 2 minutes letting us know it was running and even the times.
We had a lovely time in Ruthin and it was so nice to be in a small hotel after the awful commercial warner hotel we had just come from. A truly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We booked this quite last minute on laterooms for the Easter weekend. It was a really lovely boutique style hotel. Great rooms and service, we loved the extra quirks like the library where you could borrow books and dvds and the sauna and steam room. Most of all though we thought the food was excellent. The breakfasts were delicious and we ended up eating in the restaurant both nights of our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful too. It was a great short break and definately worth a trip.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruthin
Ruthin Castle Hotel
The Feathers
The Feathers
#8 of 15 in Ruthin
The Old Rectory Bed & Breakfast

Been to Manorhaus Ruthin? Share your experiences!