“Outstanding food!”
Review of On the Hill

On the Hill
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Ruthin
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Me and my boyfriend have been to this restaurant twice now and on both occasions we were amazed by the food. Even though we come away with such full bellies we have to make sure we have a starter, main and dessert! The food is that good!
The presentation, the flavours and the atmosphere are all spot on. We live in Stoke-on-Trent but would travel to Ruthin just to eat here. Can't wait to treat my mum to a meal at On The Hill in the summer. I believe the food is fairly priced for the quality you are getting and there is always a great variety on the menu. The staff are really friendly too.
If you are deciding are somewhere to dine in Ruthin, choose this place!

• Visited May 2013

Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant restaurant you'll want to go back again and again.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My friend booked a meal for my birthday at this restaurant and I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. I'm vegetarian and it was not your usual boring choices, I found it difficult to choose what I wanted. Every course was delicious and freshly prepared.
It's a family run business with friendly service and the food is reasonably priced. You have to book well in advance as it is understandably very busy.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank avrilsmith
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This little gem is tucked away in the picturesque town of Ruthin. The vegetarian options were imaginative andwed well delivered with some pleasing subtleties of flavour.The stairs seem a little precarious for elderly diners but there is seating downstairs too.It was busy on a weekday lunchtime which is testament to its high standards and popularity.Well worth travelling out to.

• Visited June 2013
Lancashire, UK
“Absolutely fantastic, very happy we chose this place”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

we booked a table for two at this restaurant after reading reviews on trip advisor. we were in Ruthin for one night staying up the road at Ruthin Castle.
Our table was ready on arrival and we were given menus, full of fresh produce and lovely welsh dishes to choose from. I opted for a chicken risotto starter and my husband chose the sweet chilli prawns. we were also served fresh bread and this was topped up as we were enjoying it so much. There was free flowing water on the table which we never had to ask to be refilled. the starters were full of flavour and plentiful in portion.
For main I chose the welsh lamb three ways, and my husband went for beef two ways, these were served with a large bowl of vegetables and side bowls of the potatoes we chose. Both main dishes were absolutely fantastic, and cannot find fault with any of the food we had. It is deifinitely one of the best meals we have had, and we were both so full it was shame we had no room to try a dessert as the ones we saw come out looked exquisite.
If you are visiting Ruthin we cannot recommend this restaurant enough. we spent about £60 for the two of us, with two courses and drinks. Great Value for money.

• Visited June 2013
England
“Wonderful, good value restaurant”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We booked this because of the great reviews on this site. It was brilliant and great value-for-money. Can thoroughly recommend.

Visited June 2013