“Wonderful, good value restaurant”
Review of On the Hill

On the Hill
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Ruthin
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We booked this because of the great reviews on this site. It was brilliant and great value-for-money. Can thoroughly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Nestled "On the Hill" in the centre of the beautiful little town of Ruthin is a culinary delight just waiting to please this was my first visit &one if many more to come it was truly delightful great service lovely atmosphere & 6 happy diners the food was amazing could not fault anything I can honestly say it is the best meal we have had in a long time & can't recommend highly enough the only disappointment is you can't try everything on the menu ohh well we will have to go back such hardship ..............

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended by a friend, lovely staff , amazing food , lovely cosy place . Will defiantly visit again. Visited on tues 11th June pm . My husband an my mother .

1  Thank Hew5
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Have been going to On The Hill for a few years now. I've always been impressed until this month.........what's happened to the chips? Overcooked, way to thin and tasteless! Such a shame as they've always perfectly complimented my meals in the past. Please, please can we have your old style chips back?

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Having wanted to eat at this restaurant for ages I was finally taken by my other half. We went for lunch and I was amazed at how reasonably priced the lunch menu was. As I am a greedy guts and I am not sure when I will be taken there again, I naturally had three courses. To say I couldn't move would be an understatement. The service was great, the food fantastic, the artwork eclectic and I will be having the *taste of banana* dessert again. If you thought it was impossible to make banana moreish you will have to try this dessert. I will be slowly making my way through the rest of the menu.