“Will we ever get a bad meal”
Review of On the Hill

On the Hill
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Ruthin
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Again we visited On the Hill for our Christmas meal. Booked early to avoid disappointment and got a lovely table downstairs. Staff as usual friendly with nothing being too much trouble. The starter I chose A taste of Asia was absolutely wonderful. I will definately have this again. For main meal we ate Turkey with all the trimmings. Atmosphere really warm and cosy for Christmas. We will be going back for my birthday in March and perhaps will try it out for a lunch.
I cannot believe that we consistently get good service and excellent food from one place. A little gem hidden in Ruthin.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here last week with my husband. A romantic lunch date in a very cosy restaurant. The lunch menu was extremely good. The food was excellent.
Great selection of beer and wines
Very enjoyable and we will return

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have visited this place a few times and have always been pleased. Very friendly, light atmosphere with a good choice of food on the menu. Great desserts too. Price is reasonable for the quality you receive. I'm sure I'll be visiting again shortly. Highly thought of restaurant by the locals. :-)

1  Thank ZoeJones90
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a lovely, tasty meal, with great service, no complaints. The choice of sweets was mouthwatering.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Was taken aback by the initial greeting from this eatery, by some random member of staff busying himself at the bar.
Very off hand patronising, and quite cool I thought, so we turned heel and walked out.
Found a lovely tea room in the next street by the post office, lovely lady could not have had a warmer welcome.
I must say that the glowing reports of food at the hill may be fine, but the attitude of the staff was pathetic to say the least !

2  Thank alisonmaynard