“Perfect”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I would really recommend you visit the three pigeons. The look from outside does not do it justice, when you enter you go through a small bar which is full of character then through to a spacious modern restaurant.

The three pigeons serves delicious food at reasonable prices and the staff are friendly and attentive.

We'll be heading back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Three Pigeons Inn

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good food with a varied menu. Prices are reasonable and the restaurant area is well laid out and spacious. The bar and lounge area offer comfortable and cosy seating. The staff are friendly, helpful and serve a good selection of cask ales. The surrounding views are worth a look. Altogether a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We visited this pub Friday 21st February 2013 attracted by the glowing reviews. On arrival we found the surroundings to be pleasant and the staff welcoming. We were led to a snug where we were invited to browse the menus and then pre-ordered. When we were seated in the restaurant the food was delivered almost immediately.
My partner had the Menai mussels starter and these were well cooked and tasty. My "homemade" leek and potato soup lacked depth of flavour. It wasn't seasoned properly and I reached for the salt. I have to say I have made better at home, for £5.00 I expected much better. The biggest disappointment was the 'posh fish and chips' which we both ordered. It arrived and looked amazing, however it was a case of 'fur coat no knickers'. The batter was light but incredibly greasy, the overpowering taste was the cooking oil, the two battered types of fish were flavourless and again lacked seasoning and there was more batter than fish. The two scallops were delicious, sweet and well cooked but spoilt by the batter. There were supposed to be some peas on the plate but I assumed this was the foamy liquid thing underneath the fish, more pretentiousness. It added nothing to the dish and was flavourless. The chips came in a separate dish, they still had the skins on and looked very brown, almost burnt. Some were undercooked others so overcooked that they were dry and barely edible. We took a mouthful of the samphire and also found we had a mouthful of grit, after mentioning we were told that the chef had checked and indeed the batch had not been washed properly and it should come pre-washed. We were offered a reduction on the meal, when I came to pay the bill of almost £40.00 I found that the reduction was a £1.00 off each posh fish and chips meal. I was completely insulted by this and I knew it would be pointless saying anything else about the meal. At the least I expected one or both of the drinks to be complimentary. Needless to say we will not be going back. I have had much better fish n chips at Les's fish bar in Wrexham for £6.95 .

1  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Food was impressive for a pub, decent portions, reasonably priced, varied choice on the menu. We went on a Sunday but had the choice of Sunday menu (plenty to choose from) or main menu. Good homecooked produce, my 3 year old nephew had homemade fishfingers, scoffed the lot!
Staff are friendly and attentive, nice open fires, good beer, roomy too so you dont feel squashed, one of the best in the area without doubt

1  Thank tomlov0
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We regularly pop in to the Three Pigeons for Saturday lunch. I truly believe the couple who run the pub have got it spot on. Both are hard working and are very amenable. We had lunch yesterday, the 'posh' fish and chips were divine - the best I've EVER tasted. There were other very tempting options on the menu. Well worth the slight detour from Ruthin to Wrexham!

1  Thank Trafeiliwr