Holt Lodge Hotel
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsafternoon teasandwichesbeefsunday carverysoupwaiting on staffthrough grouponmain roadcooked to perfectionbooked a tablenice rooman overnight stayan evening meallovely foodthe ground floorplenty of parkingone night stay
Reviewed January 31, 2013

my husband and i stayed at the holt lodge mid week.I booked us in for a night for my husbands 50th birthday.when i told them it was for this reason they upgraded us to the executive suite at no extra cost to us.We had a meal in the restaurant on the night and the staff were very attentive and polite.I would highly recommend a stay here and would like to thank the staff for making my husbands birthday that bit more special for him.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the Holt Lodge several weeks ago and i must say the hotel is superb, the staff were polite and looked after my every need, even upgrading me to the executive suite for only £30 more a real bargain, also the sticky toffee pudding is to die for i will most certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time I have stayed here. Booked over phone and arrived within an hour. BE SURE TO CHECK SAT NAV as instructed by booking staff as you can end up in a different village.
Room was a bit dated and needed slighlty worn out fittings replaced, but still clean and comfy. Bathroom needs refit and decorating. Having said that @£55 B&B it is great value. Bar and food are exeptional, dont bother going anywhere else to eat. Food great flavours and good value. Bar drinks expensive, and ended up putting someone elses drinks on my room(only£8)I only relised this when i got home.(i never checked the bill, my fault). Summary, great friendly staff, great location, great value for money and will use again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

my husband,sister-in-law,and brother -in-law stayed here for new year,we had a brilliant night,
food and entertainment was spot on as were the staff.
The Michael Bouble tribute singer was very good,mixing the music well. New year was welcomed in
with a great firework display,but it was a pity we did't hear Big Ben chimes for the countdown,
(next year hopefully!!!!).Booking plans for next one already being planned,
Thanks to all the Staff

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank suelouw
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband ,good friends and I had a xmas party evening the end of November.
It was a very well organised evening. The choice of menu was excellent. The staff where excellent and prompt bringing the correct food to the table hot and very appealing. The music was too loud while eating but staff turned it down when asked. The disco tracks where current and a mixture of decades which cattered for all. The free bar choices was very good ,however the 3 bottles of wine on the table was poor quality but to be fair it kept the per head to an affordable price. Would definitely recommend. Count us in for 2013!!
Also was very impressed with staff calling for feedback on any changes to make to the Christmas party Night.

• Stayed: November 2012
richard1982, General Manager at Holt Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Many thanks for the feedback, im really pleased that you enjoyed your party here. When selecting next years wine choice we will be improving on the quality of liquid that is used.

Look forward to seeing you here again at the Holt Lodge.

Many thanks