“Outstanding”

Driftwood Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a family birthday mealie the weekend and the food was lovely. We arrived to find our tables weren't together as requested (15 of us) but I pointed out to a member of staff that's what we booked and would it be possible to put the tables together, which he did straight away with no fuss. The food was lovely and also the service very attentive and nothing was too much trouble.

1  Thank Antigua53

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Many who don't read Trip Advisor will pull in the car park and drive straight back out again.
The restaurant is very good and well worth visiting.The choice of food was very good, the young staff keen and attentive. The childrens menu was good and they tailored our grandsons meal replacing baked beans with peas etc.
Don't be put of my first impressions, visit this fine restaurant , the decor is quite acceptable once inside.
I cannot comment on the adjoining motel as we did not stay there.

2  Thank redroserambler
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Decent food Old fashioned conservatory but clean. Very pleasant young staff. Overlook the run down building next door

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The horrible buildings next to the driftwood must surely put people off entering-but see past that and you will have a lovely meal. Real home made food- efficient, friendly service,reasonable prices.excellent!

4  Thank bunnywoman
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was a very nice meal. My husband had the salt & pepper squid was tender & nicely presented. I had the pâté which was ok, but as it was described as pâté of the day I had expected it to be homemade. The children had pizza, chips & peas for one, the other had 4oz Anglesey burger, with chips & salad, both meals were nicely present & both of the children enjoyed their meals especially the homemade chips. My husband had the driftwood rump with chip & salad, his steak was cooked perfectly! Which he had blue, most restaurants tend to over cook a blue steak. I had the pork loin which was well presented, tender; the vegetables that can with the meal came out a good 5 minutes after the main meal which was a shame as they had lost some of the heat & were a little over cooked for my taste as i prefer a firm al dente. The sweet was tasty which everyone enjoyed. Unfortunately we ended up with the new girl waiting on us so our service was patch & disjointed, where other members of staff had to correct her mistakes, I know new staff members need to learn, however I dont think a Saturday night is the best time to teach.