“Really nice weekend”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Trearddur Bay
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Really nice weekend”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I am writing as very surprised by previous comments We had a lovely 2 night stay for a walking weekend
The hotel has been attentively refurbished with nice touches and a comfy bed The bathroom was great
We had dinner both nights with very pleasant staff delicious food and large portions
Would definitely recommend if you are staying in the area

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Globalfi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I live in the bay and get more and more demoralised every time I visit! Slovenly staff discussing nights out etc below average food at above average prices not good at all as complaints just fall on deaf ears!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank terrey c

Travelers are raving about these Trearddur Bay hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Called in over Easter weekend ordered a chicken wrap and fries £8 50 when it came it would not of fed a child the salad came in. Ram akin dish and the wrap was the size of a child's hand awful for the price we complained but manager on break what a surprise really is annoying that hotels get away with it we paid but would not go back we go to Anglesey every Easter lots of other places expensive but at least reasonable portion

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Steven M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Trearddur Bay Hotel for one night over the Easter holidays.
The location of the hotel is lovely, opposite the beach. The hotel was good. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The only drawback at reception was the lack of a lift in the building.We had to carry our luggage up two flights of stairs. The second flight was narrow and quite steep. At the time of our check in there was nobody around to help us with our luggage. We are capable of carrying our possessions, but it was awkward and I would have expected some help.
Our room was a triple standard. It was small and hot but more than adequate for one night. The room had tea and coffee facilities and a bottle of water for each of us.
We decided to eat in the less formal restaurant. We got there at 19.30 and it was very full. We asked the lady behind the bar if she had a table free, mentioning that we were residents. She was extremely helpful. A quiet table was found for us and we were very pleased with the service.
We all slept well, the hotel was very quiet.
In the morning we went down for breakfast. I wasn't terribly impressed. A waitress took our tea order and asked if we wanted toast. She then told us it was a buffet service. I thought the buffet was very bland and needed restocking. Breakfast was served from 8.00 to 10.00. We were there at 8.45 and there were some spaces on the plates. We returned to the table to find barely toasted bread, that was cold squashed into a toast rack. I spoke to the senior waitress who immediately
sorted the issue.
The hotel is well located, the staff are lovely and it is quiet and clean. I would stay here again if I needed to, but only for a week-end.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are larger and some rooms have balconys overlooking the sea, so it is w...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank thejessies
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Excellent meal choice value for money. Not been before and very pleasantly surprised at interior of restaurant not what we expected!!! Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Veg maybe too al dente for my liking and coffee not the best but all in all a very enjoyable day.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda S
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Called at the hotel for lunch. Not that hungry so simply ordered a ham sandwich. It arrived after 35 minutes. I wasn't in a hurry and the view was great so did not mind. However the sandwich when it arrived consisted of a sliver of ham between two slices of stale white bread! I of course sent it back and after a further 15 minutes received a second attempt. Bread was not stale but the whole thing was very dry and completely tasteless. I made a brave attempt but could not eat it. To be fair the manager was most apologetic and gave me a full refund but I would have much rather had a decent sandwich. A shame the place is in an excellent location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris P
Harlech, Wales
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Recently went for food in evening:very poor service, long waiting (20mins for dessert)times considering not busy. Food thrown on plate.Expensive for what we had. Had to wipe down our own table. Order tea and hot chocolate- no milk came with tea or cream on the hot choc. Waitress Staff seemed unhelpful and did not want to be there. Bar staff very good. Will not be returning. If i wasnt in a rush to go home I would have challenged the issues but after playing 5 hours if golf I could not face it

• Stayed April 2014
Trecastell Hotel
Trecastell Hotel
#2 of 3 in Amlwch
Lastra Farm Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Trearddur Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!