“Food went back”

Trearddur Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Trearddur Bay
“Food went back”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Called at the hotel for lunch. Not that hungry so simply ordered a ham sandwich. It arrived after 35 minutes. I wasn't in a hurry and the view was great so did not mind. However the sandwich when it arrived consisted of a sliver of ham between two slices of stale white bread! I of course sent it back and after a further 15 minutes received a second attempt. Bread was not stale but the whole thing was very dry and completely tasteless. I made a brave attempt but could not eat it. To be fair the manager was most apologetic and gave me a full refund but I would have much rather had a decent sandwich. A shame the place is in an excellent location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Harlech, Wales
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Recently went for food in evening:very poor service, long waiting (20mins for dessert)times considering not busy. Food thrown on plate.Expensive for what we had. Had to wipe down our own table. Order tea and hot chocolate- no milk came with tea or cream on the hot choc. Waitress Staff seemed unhelpful and did not want to be there. Bar staff very good. Will not be returning. If i wasnt in a rush to go home I would have challenged the issues but after playing 5 hours if golf I could not face it

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank CJBRA

Travelers are raving about these Trearddur Bay hotels

Wrexham
Reviewed April 8, 2014

When we arrived I thought the outside of the building could do with a repaint however I was very relieved when we entered the hotel. The interior décor is excellent and the reception staff were polite and helpful. The ensuite room was tastefully furnished and spotlessly clean and I was pleased with having a bath in addition to the shower. The restaurant and the food were very good though it was irritating that the staff didn't seem to realise that the deal we had booked on included dinner and they had to confirm it with reception, very annoying! Breakfast was a buffet style with a good selection of food on offer. I was impressed by the large selection of fresh fruits available, certainly better than the efforts I have seen at other hotels. Overall I thought it good value and will certainly stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VW-Pagan
Belfast,Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business and it is a few years since I had been here. The hotel is certainly looking much better than last time and looks like it has had a fairly major refurb. I was advised that I had got a standard double and was a bit concerned, but when I got there up and down stairs it was a pleasant surprise. It was styled in a kind of 'new England' vibe yet cosy. It had obviously had a recent makeover. There was also a large bathroom and it was spotlessly clean throughout. Just one slight improvement would be a swivel bracket for the TV as it is fixed to the wall out of alignment with the bed. I ate in the hotel bar but it was difficult to find something 'healthy' but I got something which was tasty. Had breakfast too which was a reasonable selection and could be described as just OK. However the hotel really needs to work on their staffing. While the staff are friendly their efforts could be described as amateurish and I feel that this lets the hotel down. However if you can overlook this, you will be fine!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TheBish
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had a good weekend break. Good food, Decent beer and wine. Our room was booked throughBooking.com and was actually a suite, it was comfortable if need of updating - other rooms that had been looked superb. The room staff were excellent as were most of the others. However the lack of care from the senior staff for breakfast both days were poor. Just a couple of other examples of under trained junior staff - breakfast waitress on Saturday forgetting to bring tea/toast then when reminded bringing teapot without lid and providing left over butter from a table that had finished. Sunday dinner waitress in bar taking food order for two of soup and two mains asking was the soup to be a starter.

Room Tip: Even our room (704) which was in need of updating was comfortable and adequate for the weekend. Room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Fifty nine adults for our annual weekend break. They certainly looked after us. Friendly helpful staff . Clean modern hotel. Some of the rooms are very spacious. We had a sea view and a balcony.
We had a private room on Saturday for a dinner dance. Food excellent, service very good , drink prices reasonable especially for a hotel.
We ate in the main dining room on the first night and the menu was varied and the food good. Good selection of wine and not overpriced. Breakfast excellent and plenty of it.
You can eat in the pub adjacent if you wish which is very modern and quite spacious. It is just pub grub nothing to write home about. Shame, it could have done with a specials board
There is a separate bar area where locals come as well as residents. That is a good sign. This is where my only criticisms comes. It was the weekend of the 6 nations final and the Hotel was advertising "come watch all the games plus the football on the big screen" . The place was full but no staff to serve you. You waited over 10 minutes to get a drink. Ridiculous.

However, I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel or to return in the future

Room Tip: There is no lift . Low number rooms seem to be the best but you pay extra for them .
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Booked for a surprise for my husband's birthday, we were put in the TowerHouse as we needed a family room. The room was damp, dirty and in need of complete redecoration, we refused to spend the night in this awful room.. costing £150!! We went to reception and were very quickly and efficiantly moved to another room within the main hotel. This is what I was expecting when I booked the room, it was clean with all the extras needed for a pleasant stay. All the staff were excellent and helpful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
The Bulkeley Hotel
#2 of 4 in Beaumaris
Travelodge Holyhead Hotel
Bishopsgate House Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Trearddur Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!