Trearddur Bay Hotel
The Beach Motel(Trearddur Bay)
$92
Bull Hotel(Valley)
$95
Priceline
Woburn Hill Hotel(Cemaes Bay)
$101
Harbour Hotel(Cemaes Bay)
$73
$107
$242
$220
$90
$101
Travelodge Caernarfon Hotel(Caernarfon)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Hotel Cymyran(Holyhead)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsseparate buildinglovely hotelbar mealsno liftswimming poolthe pubboth nightsstandard roomsea viewroom was largeweekend breakfamily roomlovely roomlounge areafood was lovelystayed for one nightbeautiful location
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times in the past few weeks and I have always found the food excellent. I have eaten in the Inn on the Bay and not the more formal restaurant but I assume the food comes from the same kitchen. As I said the food was always hot and well prepared and cooked and served in a reasonable time. The prices are typical pub / bar costs, I had the fish and chips and it was excellent. I found the serving staff to be well presented and attentive and everything I requested was dealt with in a fast and efficient manner. Although the duty manager looked a bit strict and unwelcoming she did eventually say hello and asked if everything was ok. I will defiantly be returning to sample more of their hospitality seeing as I only live 5 minuets down the road. As for the décor looking drab and dated I did not find this to be the case, obviously I only went into the bar area and not into the main part of the hotel. I do however feel that the actual cost of staying in the hotel is a little expensive for what is ultimately a three star hotel but they do have a bit on a monopoly when you look at what other hotels there are in the area.....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for a special occasion. Nothing special about the room, number 2. On the plus side, the room was spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable, good supply of tea and coffee making supplies and the bath towels were very large and soft. There was also a furnished balcony with a lovely sea view. The shower was also excellent. The negatives - not sure where to start. The décor was dated. The curtains were sun damaged and fraying at the edges. Cobwebs on the ceiling light fitting and patio door. The large picture window was covered in finger marks and the floor was uneven in places.
The main part of the hotel was modern and decorated to a high standard. I did get to see into some of the bedrooms overlooking the front of the hotel, these looked like they had recently been renovated and looked very nice, some with four poster beds. I would have preferred to stay in one of the renovated rooms, however, when booking, the website does not explain which ones have been modernised. Breakfast was buffet style and there was an excellent selection of food. The staff were also very polite and helpful. Had wanted to try this hotel for some time and would consider staying again, but only if I could be guaranteed a modernised room.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the updated rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ewilliams057
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten in the pub many times over the last few years but were very disappointed with this latest experience. The decor is looking dated & drab & we felt it would benefit from a bright fresh refurb.

Our table was at the back & it was dark, grubby looking and it was hot & stuffy. The tables in the conservatory area feel a lot lighter & brighter and create a better ambience.

We ordered starters which took over 40 minutes to arrive and the amount in the portion of mussels was extremely poor. Main courses were run of the mill, and we felt were over priced for what the were - we were expecting more of a gastro experience but got the usual mass produced stuff. Shame as the hotel is so close to the sea that fish & seafood does not feature that much on the menu or even as an evening special.

The management also needs to address the awful drainage problem/smell in the ladies toilets - this was dreadful.

Not sure we will bother paying a visit here next time.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lottilou17
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed over the bank holiday weekend in August the hotel was really busy, we had a lovely seaside type room which had not been refurbished but was clean and pleasant and not that dated. We ate in the bar on Saturday night at around 6 o'clock, the food was delicious and the service excellent. The swimming pool seemed popular but fortunately the sun was shinning and we spent our time on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed just one night, after celebrating a family wedding there. We got special room rates as there were a few of us wishing to stay. The room was £95 for a double, even though I was staying on my own - I think the normal price was £150 which I thought was very expensive for what it was. I stayed in room 24. Hoping for a nice view of the bay was a little disappointed with a side view, which was completely obscured by net curtains. The room was a little dated but had good quality furnishings and a wall mounted TV. The bed was very large and extremely comfortable, one of the nicest I have stayed in. The bathroom must have been recently refurbished in comparison to the rest of the room and it was of a very high standard. There was a really good shower over the bath. Usual free shampoos, shower hat etc. Good selection of towels. The room had coffee/tea making facilities, only gripe was not enough little milks. I went to reception and ordered some more for myself and mother who was staying nearby. By the time I got back to my room, they were waiting outside for me. My 84 year old mother had asked for a room near reception. This she was given but as there is no lift at this end of the building, she had to tackle the turned staircase. This hotel, as mentioned by a previous reviewer, has lots of add ons and a maze of uneven corridors and little staircases. Not suitable for disabled or old people. The wedding reception was at the far end of the hotel and was reached by a series of corridors and stairs. There was a lift though to take us up to the suite where the reception was being held. The food at the wedding reception was ok - it was a menu of BBQ food really. Some of the waitresses looked totally disinterested in what they were doing and it took ages to clear the tables. My mother stayed in Room 11, which again was dated and her view was of wooden slats, hiding the air con. unit I think. Her bathroom was again fabulous, no bath but a lovely walk-in shower which suited her because of her being 84. This room really is not suitable for an elderly person because of the steps encountered on reaching it and also the fact there was no TV remote control - we could not find one to change channels on the TV. The flat screen tv was really good but to change the channels etc, you had to touch the screen and after not being able to turn the volume down from 93 (should have been on no. 6) switched it off. It was just too complicated for an elderly person. I am good a TV's but this was beyond me as well. My brother had room 701 and his had a furnished balcony with pleasant views across the bay. Again, very dated and could do with a refurbish.
Breakfast started at 8.30am on the Sunday morning and was self service in a separate breakfast room. Assortment of proper juices and breakfast cereals and fruit. Very pleased with the quality of the food but the table lacked salt and pepper, sugar and butter, which we had to 'steal' off another one. Plentiful supply of toast. Size of plate for breakfast was really small I thought. There is an indoor swimming pool but in a separate building near to the hotel.
All in all, I was very pleased with my stay but still thought the cost of the room was too high.

Room Tip: Not really suitable for people with mobility problems, unless you can get a disabled room. Lots of little stairs and corridors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family