“Perfect hotel for a weekend break in a idyllic setting”

Trearddur Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Trearddur Bay
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed over the bank holiday weekend in August the hotel was really busy, we had a lovely seaside type room which had not been refurbished but was clean and pleasant and not that dated. We ate in the bar on Saturday night at around 6 o'clock, the food was delicious and the service excellent. The swimming pool seemed popular but fortunately the sun was shinning and we spent our time on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed just one night, after celebrating a family wedding there. We got special room rates as there were a few of us wishing to stay. The room was £95 for a double, even though I was staying on my own - I think the normal price was £150 which I thought was very expensive for what it was. I stayed in room 24. Hoping for a nice view of the bay was a little disappointed with a side view, which was completely obscured by net curtains. The room was a little dated but had good quality furnishings and a wall mounted TV. The bed was very large and extremely comfortable, one of the nicest I have stayed in. The bathroom must have been recently refurbished in comparison to the rest of the room and it was of a very high standard. There was a really good shower over the bath. Usual free shampoos, shower hat etc. Good selection of towels. The room had coffee/tea making facilities, only gripe was not enough little milks. I went to reception and ordered some more for myself and mother who was staying nearby. By the time I got back to my room, they were waiting outside for me. My 84 year old mother had asked for a room near reception. This she was given but as there is no lift at this end of the building, she had to tackle the turned staircase. This hotel, as mentioned by a previous reviewer, has lots of add ons and a maze of uneven corridors and little staircases. Not suitable for disabled or old people. The wedding reception was at the far end of the hotel and was reached by a series of corridors and stairs. There was a lift though to take us up to the suite where the reception was being held. The food at the wedding reception was ok - it was a menu of BBQ food really. Some of the waitresses looked totally disinterested in what they were doing and it took ages to clear the tables. My mother stayed in Room 11, which again was dated and her view was of wooden slats, hiding the air con. unit I think. Her bathroom was again fabulous, no bath but a lovely walk-in shower which suited her because of her being 84. This room really is not suitable for an elderly person because of the steps encountered on reaching it and also the fact there was no TV remote control - we could not find one to change channels on the TV. The flat screen tv was really good but to change the channels etc, you had to touch the screen and after not being able to turn the volume down from 93 (should have been on no. 6) switched it off. It was just too complicated for an elderly person. I am good a TV's but this was beyond me as well. My brother had room 701 and his had a furnished balcony with pleasant views across the bay. Again, very dated and could do with a refurbish.
Breakfast started at 8.30am on the Sunday morning and was self service in a separate breakfast room. Assortment of proper juices and breakfast cereals and fruit. Very pleased with the quality of the food but the table lacked salt and pepper, sugar and butter, which we had to 'steal' off another one. Plentiful supply of toast. Size of plate for breakfast was really small I thought. There is an indoor swimming pool but in a separate building near to the hotel.
All in all, I was very pleased with my stay but still thought the cost of the room was too high.

Room Tip: Not really suitable for people with mobility problems, unless you can get a disabled room. Lots of...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed 3 nights checked into room and it had a really bad smell of dogs had to keep windows open the room was filthy we paid 139.00 per night. Complained about smell they plugged in an air freshner. Toilet seat loose and hurt my childrens legs which they did come and fix. Breakfast was terrible always running our of food the only thing that was good about the place was the food at the inn wouldn't stay again very dissapointing

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Last Minute booking, was great, the only room available was a family room, plenty of space for two, whilst a little expensive was well worth the extra. The room was clean and faced across the bay, made better by using the second bed to relax on in the afternoon sunshine before going out for tea. The room was clean and very well decorated. The staff were very friendly and approachable, food was a little unimaginative, was surprised when asked to book for Sunday lunch in the restaurant, we were the only one’s in there, but it was very good. The only thing is they had no ashtrays on the patio or garden, relying on a little man to pick up the rubbish and dog ends in the morning. This may keep him in employment but not good to have litter around your feet at lunchtime. Will defiantly go again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights found rooms tired, night staff barman rude and to make a bad stay worse left an expensive item of clothing in our room which was not handed in to lost property. Rang up spoke to reception and was told there was no items handed in to lost property by house keepers. Of course! Not impressed

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SparkyManchester
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We reserved a table but there was no need as the restaurant was very quiet for the time of year. We were a family of four, we were given an excellent table looking out over the bay.

Limited choice on the menu however the staff are very accommodating of my children's request.

The food was good and we had good service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have been dining in the hotel restaurant and the adjacent Inn at the Bay for many years, but have recently stopped patronising the hotel altogether. The menu rarely changes at all from one year to the next and the standards of food presented in both restaurants are poor for the prices. Steaks are either overdone or underdone, as are other items on the menu. Last time we ate in the hotel main restaurant the sauce for the cauliflower cheese was presented on the broccoli instead of the cauliflower. The waiting staff are poor and disinterested these days, but it seems also to apply to the kitchen staff now too. What with the kitchens running out of food items and kitchen equipment being out of order, we have ended up with partial refunds on the last 3 out of 4 occasions we ate there after we complained. And finally, when they say a meal comes with salad, it doesn't. It comes with lettuce. In my book lettuce alone does not amount to a salad. Too much complacency here, and taking the customers for granted.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 4 in Beaumaris
The Anglesey Arms
The Anglesey Arms
#4 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Trearddur Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!