Trearddur Bay Hotel
The Beach Motel(Trearddur Bay)(Great Value!)
$93
$116
$101
Harbour Hotel(Cemaes Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsseparate buildinglovely hotelbar mealsno liftswimming poolthe pubboth nightsstandard roomsea viewroom was largeweekend breakfamily roomlovely roomlounge areafood was lovelystayed for one nightbeautiful location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have stayed here several times and the hotel is in a great location. Dogs are welcome too which is a bonus as the beach is lovely, although canine restrictions apply to certain parts in season. We have stayed in the refurbished rooms 9 & 8 which are beautifully appointed, spacious and very very comfortable. My sister stayed in room 5 which has a balcony and the best view of the bay so I'm bagging that one next time. The breakfast is hearty and dinner provides a good choice and the quality of the locally sourced produce is excellent. The staff are friendly and very obliging. The attention to details might be missing on a few occasions - no salt, water glasses missing etc but they will quickly put it right. If you decide to stay check out some of the special offers which are excellent value for money. Might be worth checking if there is a wedding taking place and if there is go when it is a bit quieter and the staff are less pushed!

Room Tip: Definitely go for 5, 4 or 9
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
PeterToft, General Manager at Trearddur Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I'm very pleased you enjoyed your welcome and stay at the hotel. I do agree that attention to detail is very important and your comments have been passed to the team for their attention. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had Lunch here on Sunday and it was really great. The Staff were very efficient but also friendly. The location is beautiful. I heartily recommend this restaurant. The hotel and grounds were well maintained and it was a pleasure to visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
PeterToft, General Manager at Trearddur Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your Easter Sunday Lunch with us - we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Not stayed here, could not find a separate selection for the 'Inn at the Bay'
Location and food equally pleasing. Have been coming here for a number of years and although not the cheapest place to eat it is a great venue for an after beach drink or a well earned Sunday Roast after a walk. Has maintained a good standard for the years we have been visiting.

• Stayed: March 2013
PeterToft, General Manager at Trearddur Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Really pleased you enjoyed your recent visit and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The weather was too cold to take the caravan so we opted for a late deal at this hotel - excellent value, lovely views of beach and sea with a balcony which would have been lovely at above freezing temperatures. The restaurant was closed on Sunday evening but the bar meals were fine and friendly service. Breakfast was included and was ok for the price! I prefer a good strong coffee and the cooked breakfast done to order even if I have to wait for it. We didn't try the pool.

But these are trifles - great location, ample parking and a relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterToft, General Manager at Trearddur Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thak you for your kind review, look forward to your return - we can always make espresso for you with breakfast!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very beautiful and clean hotel. It has a gorgeous setting and ample parking. On booking in the receptionist was speedy and efficient. We had room number 9, directly above the reception and the first room you come to with views of the bay. Well what can I say, it was stunning. We are frequent travellers and enjoy our short breaks and this room is up there with the best, in fact probably only 2nd to Thorsbey Hall. The bed was huge. We are both over 6 foot and it was easily long enough (rare) and must have been at least 10 foot wide (no exaggeration). It was extremely comfortable with fabulous pillows and duvet and crisp white linen. I have added photographs to show the room. It had a 3 piece suite, 2 tv's (1 in the seating area and 1 for the bed). It had 3 double wardrobes and the en-suite was through the middle wardrobe (amazing!) There was an iron/board, dressing gowns and full tea and coffee making facilities, fully stocked and clean. The en-suite was equally stunning and very clean. The shower went high enough for us tall people (rare) and it was easily the most powerful shower I have ever experienced.

The breakfast was fresh, hot and varied. The fruit was perfectly ripe and the plates warmed. (Pictures added). The service was quick and the ladies very polite. I simply cannot fault this place and I pride myself on honest critiques. I like the little touches and I found the fact the Manager had hand signed a little welcome card and saying to contact him if there was any issues a very nice touch.

We did not eat lunch or evening meal here so cannot comment on the food or service for this. We never used the pool either, worth noting that the pool is in a separate building to the Hotel, only across 100yds ish (see pics).

If I could pick on anything there were just 2 things: my fiance was woken at 7am by the front door banging many times when people were leaving for the day. Just to add there was a minor hurricane going on outside so the wind could have been the issue! Secondly the windows are seriously drafty, this does not effect your stay at all but if you sit in a chair near the window it is cold, please note though there were blizzard conditions when we visited so may not be a problem generally.

Room Tip: We were in room 9 and it was clearly one of the best suites and had a bay view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterToft, General Manager at Trearddur Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of your recent stay at the hotel. I'm really pleased you enjoyed it so much - even with our windy conditions (though no snow!).
I was especially pleased to read your comments regarding breakfast and thank you for posting the pictures.
Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.