“Unexpected war November day!”

Trearddur Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Trearddur Bay
Ft. Myers, FL
“Unexpected war November day!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Drove down from Manchester last minute with my wife and 4 yr old. I was a little wary given some of the room comments but our room was well appointed,clean and comfortable (rm 14). Staff was helpful and we had a great time swimming in the pool and collecting shells along the bay. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank willisjm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed on business travel. Lovely hotel, facilities great. Good, large double bedroom at front of hotel. Very comfy bed, spotless room / bathroom. Great powerful shower. Good breakfast. The bay itself is impressive - sure it would be lovely in summer! Nb - swimming pool is in a separate building so be prepared to walk outside to visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank andrea_birch
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2011

First impression of the Trearddur Bay was a good one - which changed dramatically when I got to the top of the stairs and turned right...!! My room was the darkest, dingiest room I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. Patterned wallpaper (different top and bottom), patterned carpet, patterned light shade, patterned curtains - none of which complimented each other in any way, shape or form and dark furniture in a rather small room with lighting which was quite dim... I wouldn't have minded so much if the view had been worthwhile - unfortunately it was of a flat roof and the backs of neighbouring houses. There was wallpaper peeling off the ceiling in the bathroom and also above the headboard, which, incidentally was white unlike the rest of the furniture...!! Up until approx 23.45 on the first night of my stay I had what could only be described as a fan whirring away in the background - unfortunately for me it prevented me from sleeping as it was so loud.
I'm just so pleased that this was a business trip and I didn't have to pay....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank swanseabob1
Manchester
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed for one Sunday night for our 4th wedding anniversary at the end of Sept in a deluxe double refurbished room. Taking advantage of the Sunday special deal we had 3 course evening meal included (£139) and the whole stay was excellent. Our room (no 7 with four poster) was exceptional with quality fittings, i loved it, very relaxing with the seating area. We enjoyed a really good meal in the restaurant, the drinks I felt were a little expensive especially for a glass of wine, so we ended up getting a bottle. It was quiet in the restaurant but we had expected as much and that was why we picked a Sunday and made it more exclusive, relaxing feeling. All staff we met were helpful and friendly. I rang the hotel direct to make my enquiry and booking and it was very helpful and efficient service. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LillyVonSchtupp
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We came to this hotel for a weekend away, by the sea, to relax and be quiet. Our room was a superior sea view room, and was a really nice modern room. Could we see the sea from it? Well, yes - but over the huge carpark!

The main problem with this hotel is that it is a function hotel. So BOTH nights we were there (in mid Oct) there were really noisy weddings. Disco music, then noise from the bar, then drunken guests returning to their rooms shouting (one was sick in the hallway). We did call down to reception and they apologised and said that the hotel has lots of weddings and parties and they have this problem quite often.

So in conclusion, if you want to go to this hotel then make ABSOLUTELY sure there aren't any weddings / parties going on as this totally ruined our stay. I think however it is geared to quite drunken weekends with big groups, rather than a quieter weekend away for couples.

Room Tip: The superior sea view room we had was very nice (recently refurbed), but super noisy and not a nice...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We ate at the Inn at the bay bar, both the food and service were way below average. We ate a few days later in the restaurant which was a totally different experience. The food was excellent and the service very friendly and efficient.We will certainy eat again in the restaurant but the bar food needs to improve significantly to match the rest of the standards in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fiona146
Nuneaton
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed here on business a number of times. Some of the rooms have outstanding views of the bay. Rooms have been done to a good standard and I have always had a good kip. 1 thing that does let the hotel down is its service at breakfast. Countless times have I been left waiting for tea or toast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Trecastell Hotel
#2 of 3 in Amlwch
Bishopsgate House Hotel & Restaurant
Lastra Farm Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Trearddur Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!