“Don't bother for evening meal”
Review of The Seacroft

The Seacroft
Reserve with OpenTable
The Seacroft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Bramhall
“Don't bother for evening meal”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Overpriced fillet steak £24.95 was awful sent back no apology ! Second time here in evening disappointed both times. Food average/ poor!
Had lunch here a couple if times hit n miss shame really

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Thefoodies2

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Truly Dreadful”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I rarely leave negative reviews of places, as I work in the hospitality industry and know how damaging a bad review can be, and we all have bad days, however the service and the way the place handled our complaint was so poor, I'm breaking my rule for this.

My partner and I came here to eat on out our lovely hotel's recommendation. It was my birthday and a treat for us to dine out. From the moment we sat down it felt as if things were difficult for the restaurant to accommodate yet they weren't out of the way things we were asking. Could we have our starter at the same time as a main? (one of us could only eat a starter as there was nothing else on the menu that was suitable!) - we were told no. Then after a visit to the kitchen we got a reluctant yes ok then. Could we have the chosen main with salad instead of potatoes please, we're happy to pay the same price? (and at £16 not especially cheap), again we got a 'no sorry it comes as it is' - well okay, does that mean it's already plated up and heated in a microwave then? if not I don't understand why a place can't leave potatoes off and replace with salad! That's pretty standard in my view.

There's a 2-4-1 deal on there through winter, the menu clearly states that the condition is you buy one adult main and get a cheaper dish free, children's and sides included. We had ordered the adult main but we were told my starter and the salad I ordered did not count as the cheaper dish???? Am I missing something here?

So we paid full price for our food which was average at best and poor for the main part. My partner's chicken, potato and fennel in a fancy 'jus' was really bland, potatoes were lumpy and tasteless and the chicken could have been made better at home by us. The large chunks of fennel were overcooked and just wrong in that dish and again, watery and bland. it was thrashing down with rain and we were hungry, it was out of season and it was late, so leaving our food didn't feel like an option really. My mushroom starter did taste good but the bread was way too dense and it made my stomach ache badly when we arrived back to our hotel later. And why proudly list gluten free burgers with no gluten free bread option?!!

We asked to speak to the manager to address our complaints politely, we said the service had been poor and that we'd been misled by the two for one offer as well. The manager was extremely defensive and totally rejected our complaints simply saying "well you'll have to pay because you ate it". Now in my place if a customer is genuinely unhappy and with reason, we don't hesitate to knock something off the bill BECAUSE WE CARE. I really felt as if these people didn't care one bit.

Like the previous reviewer, we left our number and were told the manager would call us back on the Friday. We have not received any call, and I doubt we will.

Truly awful service and attitude, poor pretentious food. Ruined my birthday. Thankfully our wonderful hotel and the service there absolutely made up for it.

5 Thank Steph W
Holyhead, United Kingdom
“Terrible service ruined the evening”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I wrote a letter of complaint to The Seacroft, but, to date have not had a reply. Will not be eating there ever again. Disgusted with their attitude.
Our party spent in excess of £150.00 and also gave tips generously throughout the evening. However, it all came to an abrupt halt when the staff asked us at 9:55pm if we required anymore drinks as the bar/restaurant was closing at 10pm. We already had drinks so the offer was declined. Some of the lights were then switched off and we were made to feel that we had outstayed our welcome. We would have bought more drinks and finished with coffee, but were not given the opportunity.

2 Thank Peter L
Chester
“chilled weekend”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We chose The Seacroft this weekend because we had such a nice stay last time, and when we got there we were not disappointed.To start with we had such a nice and friendly welcome and were shown to our lovely room which was spotless. The food was amazing, plenty of choice and a great atmosphere. Could not fault The Seacroft and will definately be back.

Anglesey, United Kingdom
“night out”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Visited the seacroft sat night with friends ,we had the 2.4.1 there was plenty of choice on the menu and also a page with about six specials of the day, You may have the 3 course for the 2.4.1 which is excellent value unfortunately this offer does not continue after the end of march (shame),The staff are very helpful and polite at all times,.Would recommend to anybody.

• Visited February 2014