“Great location, great welcome”
Review of The Oyster Catcher

The Oyster Catcher
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Rhosneigr
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Oyster Catcher is the ultimate beach side venue. With a distinctive character, vibrant atmosphere and fantastic food, it's an iconic Anglesey landmark.
Reviewed November 26, 2017

Dog friendly so we were able to take our 2 St. Bernard dogs into the bar area with us. We were looking for somewhere to have a breakfast but disappointed that the bar area only sold coffee, the food focus is on the restaurant. Other than leaving hungry the place itself made a good impression, very welcoming and in a great beach location. I can only imagine how busy it must get in full season as it was relatively busy in November. Staff very helpful and friendly

Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

Drove from Chester for a Sunday jaunt and we weren’t disappointed. Beautiful restaurant, settings and food. Menu was nice but we chose the roast. I got two courses for £18 I think it was! Main and desert. I recommend the beef... lovely house wine too.
Our servers were very friendly! I will definitely come again - maybe next time we will have a walk along the beach to burn some of the calories consumed! Top place.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

We were lucky to squeeze in here for a late lunch during the recent half-term week. We arrived after 2pm and the place was heaving! We had a short wait for a table, but there was a nice bar and seating area, so we didn't mind. Despite the restaurant being so busy, staff were welcoming and service was reasonably attentive. The food was hot and well cooked, although not remarkable. It seemed ideal for families and for the summer, there were nice outside tables/booths on the balcony where it looked as if dogs were allowed too; as a couple we found it quite noisy, but we were there in school holidays! Overall, an ok place to eat for an everyday lunch. It might have a different atmosphere in the evenings.

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Called in today for a cup of tea and a snack.
Very friendly barman served us and apologised for wanting payment up front. He said lots of People had walked off without paying in the summer months.
They have a good menu but it is very pricey. We had the Cajun chicken rap and chips which was very tasty.
There were too couples in the bar food area both with dogs. One big one visited our table and tried its luck getting to my plate. Not what I would expect from a posh looking place.

John

2  Thank Honest J
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Arrived after a walk looking slightly windblown & muddy so worried about our appearance - it didn't matter as there was a range of people in a variety of attire. So nice relaxed informal atmosphere with interesting decor plus amazing views from huge panoramic windows. Had a delicious lite bite - Teriyaki steak pocket (I chose well!) Cousin had Welsh Rarebit - he wouldn't recommend it. An eclectic range of artwork along the hallway from HMP. And I noticed it was dog friendly too.