“satisfactory”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhosneigr
Ambleside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Rhosneigr B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“satisfactory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a very warm welcome from Cathy and it was lovely to be so near the sea. The room was very clean but quite small. We felt that although it was all quite nice, it was very over-priced at £80 for one night. We stay in many B&Bs and have stayed in plusher accommodation for £65.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rhosneigr, Owner at Ambleside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thankyou for choosing Ambleside for your recent stay and posting your review. The location here is great for a seaside b&b and it is lovely to be so near to all of the restaurants and amenities that the village has to offer.

My bed and breakfast is situated in an Edwardian seaside house and as such the double rooms are a little larger than those built in more recent times, although the en-suites now occupy the place that the washstand used to occupy.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected. All information re facilities, pricing structure, special offers etc is advertised on my website etc and again summarised in my email sent to confirm the enquiry. Pictures of my rooms are also available. The booking is only made once all of this information has been made available and is acceptable to the prospective guest.

My tariff is in line with other bed and breakfasts in Rhosneigr and in addition I provide extra features and facilities, which are all provided free of charge thus providing additional value. I appreciate however that those who stay for just one night might not have time to take full advantage of any additional facilities. As yet, I do not have a one-night policy here at Ambleside.

I have taken note of your comments and will make adjustments accordingly.

Kind regards, Cathy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a very plesant stay at Ambleside which is ideally situated on the main street. Cathy was cheerful, friendly, made us feel very welcome and cooked a lovely breakfast. Comfortable bedroom with a small but perfectly adequate en suite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 832Victoria
Rhosneigr, Owner at Ambleside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thankyou for your review. It was a pleasure to have you and your wedding party to stay and I am glad that the weekend weather kept good for the occasion. Hope to see you again in the future, Best regards Cathy
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Lovely to be back again at Ambleside. It really is a wonderful place to stay with a very big welcome. Its so lovely to get a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed, and enjoy a great breakfast cheerfully served by a very friendly and charming hostess. See you again Cathy. Thank you for everything.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RosemaryBonnett
Rhosneigr, Owner at Ambleside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thankyou for posting your review. It was lovely to see you here again at Ambleside. Your visits are very much appreciated and it is good to know that you look forward to returning time and time again. A warm welcome always awaits. Cathy
Llandrindod Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay in Ambleside B&B. Cathy was very welcoming and friendly.
She made a lovely breakfast and also made delicious fresh cakes.
She was also happy to help and give guidance about what to see and what to do around the Island.
I had a small single room, very tidy and clean.
I only missed an ensuit bathroom, that's all.Otherwise I would rate it with five star.

Thank you very much Cathy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 7729Moss
It was lovely to have you to stay for here at Ambleside. Thankyou for choosing my bed and breakfast for your base to explore this side of the island and I am glad that my advice and guidance on places to visit was appreciated.

I hope to see you again and I will make a note to cook more cranberry, walnut and orange cake for that time. It is certainly a favourite with my guests.

Regards, Cathy
Holmfirth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very welcoming. Cathy absolutely great, she cooks a wonderful breakfast and is charming and friendly. The position of Ambleside is ideal, right in the centre of Rhosneigr and very near to lots of amenities. We would have liked a TV in the room. The only other down side was the size of the en suite, but other than than that our stay was very pleasant indeed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie C
Central England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My experience and that of all the other reviewers is that Cathy makes the place. The B & B is an adapted family house which means the ensuites are small and there are a few creaky floorboards. BUT the 'real fire' in the guest TV lounge, which was opened up for us, is marvelous on a dark, damp Anglesey evening. Don't be put off by some of the rules Cathy has (eg book in after 6.30pm and be out by 9.30am) because she is someone who would do anything to make your stay enjoyable. My friend and I arrived a little after 3pm on a drizzly afternoon and were welcomed with a smile and a chat. Nothing was too much trouble.

However, there are a couple of things that confused me. 1) No TV in the room. The option to relax and watch the news or not is a must for any B&B today. Cathy says she is considering this upgrade - I hope she makes it a priority. 2) This is the first B&B I have stayed in with a coded door lock to the bedroom. It is like the ones that protect locker rooms or changing rooms and require a memory greater than mine. Cathy - change them for keys! I have to look after the front door key, so two keys is no more of a problem. (I forgot to take that post it note with the key code out, so I am glad I left the door on the latch.)

Bottom line is that Ambleside is a standard B&B with an outstanding hostess.

( Two over 50males. Stayed for one night whilst walking part of the Anglesey Coastal Path. Single room supplements. 50% deposit required to secure. )

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Whitehall
Earby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Ambleside was a very nice little b/b Cathy was very friendly and a good help, the only thing we could fault was no tv in the rooms, i think there should be tv's in rooms so you have the choice to watch it or not..but everything else was wonderful..the gang from merseyside xx

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sueward511
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhosneigr
Trearddur Bay Hotel
Black Boy Inn
Black Boy Inn
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,214 reviews

Been to Ambleside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!