“lovely little B&B. fine for an overnight stop, especially if racing at local circuit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhosneigr
Ambleside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Rhosneigr B&B and Inns
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very friendly welcome from Cathy. Eager to please and very attentive.
room was compact, TV is downstairs only. Pub opposite can be noisy if windows are open.
OK breakfast standard with a reasonable choice and average quality ingredients. Available on request, made to order. No newspapers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NICKMLondon_UK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Cathy's Ambleside B & B in Rhosneigr was a great place to escape to. It is centrally located, close to the beach.

Cathy provides a warm welcome and is more than happy to answer questions about the area and provides information on where to eat and things to do on Anglesey.

I look forward to a return visit.

Blaise(Canada)

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Chester03
Rhosneigr, Owner at Ambleside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thankyou for choosing to stay here at Ambleside and taking the time to write your lovely review. I am glad that you found that I lived up to the complimentary and enthusiastic reviews that I have received already. As you say, Rhosneigr is the perfect location for exploring all that Anglesey and Snowdonia has to offer and I was pleased to be able to provide information and help you in choosing where to make the most of your time during your visit from Canada. I look forward to seeing you again when you next visit. With best regards, Cathy
Amesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently along with our son and his wife who were over from Poland . Our main reason for being there was to see Rhosneigr where our son had spent the first 4 years of his life. Cathy was so friendly and welcoming and really surprised to realise that we had lived in the house next door. The place was immaculate, the rooms very comfortable and the breakfasts tasty and substantial. Rhosneigr is a good base from which to see Anglesey with 2 of the best beaches on the island, it only rained when we went to Snowdonia and Portmeirion, although we did manage to see Caernarfon and Beaumaris Castles in the sunshine. We were also pleasantly surprised to find some good and interesting restaurants in the village.

Room Tip: There are only 2 double rooms and one single, the front double gives you a lovely view of the sunset...
, Owner at Ambleside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Many thanks for your review of myself and my b&b. It is good to hear that all of my efforts to make Ambleside a place to remember for all the best reasons have proved so worthwhile. The front bedroom is just as you said - the big bay window does give ample opportunity to see our famed Rhosneigr sunsets. Hope to see you all again in the future. It is so nice to have a family group in what is after all, a true family home. Warm regards Cathy
nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wonderful location right by the beach and the perfect home from home. Cathy the owner is wonderfully friendly and treats you in such a way it makes it hard to leave!
Really good rates and lovely rooms, once you have stayed here you will never want to stay anywhere else

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Rhosneigr, Owner at Ambleside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thankyou Helen for your lovely review. I am so glad that you had a good time at Ambleside and your comments were very welcome. It is good to know that I am providing such an excellent service and that it is appreciated by my guests. Warm regards, Cathy.
Worcester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

My mum and 2 friends stayed at Ambleside during the Diamond Jubilee / my birthday celebrations [I have a caravan and stayed on a local site]. I picked it for it's central location so my mum wouldn't have too much walking but would be part of everthing. Cathy is the perfect hostess, she seems to instantly know her guests, is friendly and an excellent cook. All guests were impressed with the choice for breakfast.
The rooms are wonderful, light and airy, well laid out - although the youngest guest was disappointed there was no TV in the room, however my mum thought this a bonus. My mum has mobility problems and found the front steps a bit awkward, but not too off putting.
I would have no hesitation recommending Cathy and Ambleside to anyone visiting Anglsey. You will have an amazing stay and be in the perfect location for all Rhosneigr has to offer and the rest of Anglesey easily accessible.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have a good view of the village and you can see the sea!
1 Thank Georgina P
Thanks for your message - it was good to hear your feedback about my b&b and Rhosneigr. Once you have visited Rhosneigr you are easily hooked and it is a hard place to topple from first choice in Anglesey. The Jubilee celebrations were something we were all are quite rightly very proud of and we have much the same sort of celebration during the August Bank Holiday period.
Regarding the televisions in the rooms, it is not my policy at present to have them in each room as I have a guest lounge where you can relax in comfy chairs with the tv and I make up a cosy log fire in the winter. There is a guest information sheet in each room which details this arrangement and it must have been missed during the changeover of guests. I have taken your comments on board and will review things over the season so thankyou for mentioning it - I like to make my b&b as suitable as I can for every taste so that every guest has a holiday to remember in the most pleasant of ways.
Thankyou again for your custom and I hope to see you in Rhosneigr over the summer for the Quiz Night at the Bistro. Best regards Cathy.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at Ambleside for the Jubilee weekend and had the privilege of being looked after by the equally lovely Cathy in her lovely bed and breakfast in Rhosneigr.Could not fault it,shame about the weather we had one lovely day of sun though on the Monday and spent it at the beach at Porth Dafarch.I would have no hesitation in recommending Ambleside.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Catied44
Thankyou for your review. It was a delight to have you both to stay at Ambleside - rather untypical weather for June but I was glad to hear that you made the most of things and it did not spoil all of your days out during your stay. Our breakfast time chats made things so special. Anglesey has a lot to offer and I am glad that you agreed that we certainly put on a good show for the Jubilee holiday. Hope to see you again, Best wishes Cathy.
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

My wife and I, together with my parents, spent a very enjoyable time as Cathy's guests. The location is perfect, not only for Rhosneigr, but as a base for exploring Anglesey and North Wales. Ambleside is exactly what a true British B&B should be - warm and friendly, with a great breakfast :-) We would have no hesitation in returning.

1 Thank Gavin64
Thankyou so much for your lovely review. As you know, I really enjoyed having your family group to stay with me here at Ambleside and to be made a part of your trip down memory lane from the days that you lived next door at Bronnant in the 1960s. Looking forward to the next time we all meet up. Best wishes from Cathy..
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhosneigr
Trearddur Bay Hotel
Black Boy Inn
Black Boy Inn
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,220 reviews

Been to Ambleside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!