“Sunday lunch”
Review of The White Eagle

The White Eagle
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Rhoscolyn
Cuisines: European, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Called in for a late Sunday lunch and although it was extremely busy we got a table within 5 minutes. The services was excellent considering how many people were eating. We didn't wait for the order to be taken, and the food arrived in good time. My husband had steak with a Yorkshire pudding and veg which was well cooked, piping hot and the meat tender. I had the vegetarian sweetcorn and potato fritters with salad and grilled haloumi. One of the best vege meals I have had. We both had a sweet, I had chocolate trio which was a chocolate lovers paradise! My other half had Pannetone and Pear bread and butter pudding with stem ginger ice cread - fabulous. The slight downside to our meal was the amount of children who seemed to be competing to be heard. Seems to be common everywhere though and I wonder when it became the norm to let children shout and scream in a restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed December 31, 2012

On behalf of National Coast watch Institution, i would like to thank all the staff at The White Eagle for allowing us to complete our annual Fund Raising Walk around Rhoscolyn, finishing up at The White Eagle, where we enjoyed smooth, rich coffee and the best Mince Pies we have tasted this Christmas! The staff were all very friendly and looked after us extremely well. Adrienne, the Manageress, was top class and we were given a warm welcome, despite our muddy boots!
Thank you.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

An amazing pub off the beaten track but a 5 mins walk from the beach. Beautiful decor, friendly staff and excellent food.

1  Thank Lynsmadonna
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had lunch at The White Eagle today with my mother-in-law. We both had steak from the specials board which was beautifully cooked and tasty but the whole experience was let down by the total disinterest displayed by the staff in the bar/restaurant. In fact, I'm not even sure if it should be counted as a restaurant, at no time did anyone ask if we wanted more drinks, or ask if our meal was OK, and when we had finished our meal no one came to clear the plates, or ask if we wanted a dessert or coffee. We had to ask for our bill at the bar. But, it must have been a restaurant because we paid restaurant prices! It was a shambles. This was not because it was busy, there were only 3 tables occupied. I'm not surprised though because this is a place to go and forget about. What a shame, it could have been so good, but I am actually very disappointed at the poor service in relation to the cost of the meal.

4  Thank MiguelSanchez2013
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We go here regularily, and it is worthwhile every trip

its a bit of a narrow winding lane down to the pub and the cacr park can get cramped, but the food is excellent and the atmosphere good.

We have never had a duff meal here.

the fish and chips are huge, and good value, and the basic menu changes regularly. The specials are good seasonal fayre.

well worth a visit.

Angelsey has waited a long time for somewhere like this!