“Only for under 5s”

Anglesey Model Village & Gardens
Reviewed May 16, 2014

So many bad reviews, but as we had a 3 year old we thought we would give it a try. The model village was certainly looking its age. I think the owner put a lot of work into building it many years ago and has sat back and taken the money ever since. It really needs dome TLC. The one redeeming feature is Ivor the train. Ideal for under 5s. Only 50 pence a ride. Our 3 year old loved it. As for the rest, a lot of money for not a lot.

There are newer reviews for Anglesey Model Village & Gardens

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Not sure what to expect, our group 6 paid a visit to this quaint and tired looking model village.

Plus:
- Good parking
- Moving train
- Location

Cons:
- Price
- Size of attraction
- Quality of maintenance of models

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We took our 3 year old grandson to the model village we arrived at 1.30ish to be told by the man at the entrance " oh I was just about to close its so quiet " we payed £8 to enter hoping to have our lunch in the tea room but the only did drinks and cake . The area is very tired and could do with some TLC the best bit being two trains which do a circular run of the garden . And the drive yourself little train . The whole experience took less than half an hour.

1  Thank k m
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We visited this place quite some time ago now but still feel upset at the way we were treated and feel I should enlighten other families. I paid for a family ticket 2+2, my children were teenagers but there was no age limit stipulated on the +2, The man ?owner ran after us and stated in front of other visitors we should have paid full price as he didn't realise my children were older. He implied we were trying get away with not paying. I was mortified. He left us alone to walk round but I just wanted to get out of there after been so humiliated. We walked out without looking at anything. I went to the counter and practically forced the extra money on them as I have never tried to sneak in anywhere and was made to feel as if we had.His wife tried to apologise and said to please excuse her husband. The place did not look anything special anyway, we whizzed around to get out quickly but even at a leisurely pace it wouldn't taken 10 minutes, When are these places going to realise that just because kids are older they are still dependents and don't bring in a wage so should be classed as kids. A family ticket should mean just that. The owners need some updates/lessons in how to treat their visitors. The experience completely ruined our day.

6  Thank iysh
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Was very disappointed with visit to this model village
It took less then 10 minutes to walk round. £3 per adult entrance fee as you walk around the very skinny path with everyone else trying to see these old exhibits after less than 10 mins you come across the exit back to the car park don't waste you money.

5  Thank John S