“Lovely, quick lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely, quick lunch”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Friendly staff, nice setting, fast service. Very flexible. Nice ingredients especially the bread. Falafel wrap really nice. Good cup of tea too.

Visited August 2013

North Wales
“Relaxing ambience with good food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant/cafe on a number of occasions over the last 14 months - mainly for breakfast and lunch. I've always been welcomed, received fine service and enjoyed the food. My breakfast has always contained good quality ingredients that are cooked just right; and the salad Lyonnais and the burger dish are terrific for lunch. Nice bistro style environment.
My only gripe would be the location and standard of the men's toilet.

• Visited September 2012
“Lovely breakfast”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Can't believe the negative reviews on here are of the same place we visited for breakfast yesterday. We both had the full Welsh which was delicious, well cooked and very good value for money. Service was quick and friendly. We'll definitely be back the next time we visit Menai.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LandSP
Manchester
“A little bit of what you fancy..”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This time we fancied a hearty breakfast, on previous visits we've had the healthier salads, flans, etc and the food has always been good. I had the veggie breakfast and my hubby the usual full English or was it Welsh, oh well you know, along with plenty of toast and pot of tea and coffee all in.

About a year ago I had the best cup of coffee I've ever tasted in Stafford House and I've returned a few times in the hope of another, I have to say the latest cuppa wasn't the best but it went down okay.

The service was fine and the cafe homely and a little bit arty at the same time.

• Visited June 2013
Llandudno, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not good”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went in the morning few weeks ago. when we got there we sat down and soon after were given the menus. i went for the 'Welsh' in essence just a full english breakfast. the friend i was with had a 'vegetarian'. when the food arrived it must have been atleast 30-40 minutes. and this is considering there were only 5 others in the cafe and 2 had already got there food. when we did finally get the food it was lukewarm at best. the poached eggs in both mine and my friends were over cooked and hard. my mushrooms were not cooked at all just maybe warmed through slightly. the meat tasted cheap and getting old. the tomato ketchup was also old as it was beginning to fizz, and the brown sauce was beginning to crust on top. all in all it was not a good experience and i would not go back there.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank daniel r
StaffordHouse_12, Owner at Stafford House of Fine Foods, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for responding to your visit at Stafford House, unfortunately not what I would have expected you to say after eating our home made food. We do not freeze potatoes as they absorb water and it is not good practice. We do have a range of ready meals that are frozen and are usually popular with good feedback.

You do not live far away so I do hope you will call in again and we would be delighted to provide you with another meal at our cost - of course. Please introduce yourself so that I may speak to you in person to apologise for your experience. finally we do take great pride in our food and service so if we don't meet expectations I /we would certainly like to know about this. Kind regards Paula