“Lovely breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Lovely breakfast”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Can't believe the negative reviews on here are of the same place we visited for breakfast yesterday. We both had the full Welsh which was delicious, well cooked and very good value for money. Service was quick and friendly. We'll definitely be back the next time we visit Menai.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LandSP

Manchester
“A little bit of what you fancy..”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This time we fancied a hearty breakfast, on previous visits we've had the healthier salads, flans, etc and the food has always been good. I had the veggie breakfast and my hubby the usual full English or was it Welsh, oh well you know, along with plenty of toast and pot of tea and coffee all in.

About a year ago I had the best cup of coffee I've ever tasted in Stafford House and I've returned a few times in the hope of another, I have to say the latest cuppa wasn't the best but it went down okay.

The service was fine and the cafe homely and a little bit arty at the same time.

• Visited June 2013
Llandudno, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not good”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went in the morning few weeks ago. when we got there we sat down and soon after were given the menus. i went for the 'Welsh' in essence just a full english breakfast. the friend i was with had a 'vegetarian'. when the food arrived it must have been atleast 30-40 minutes. and this is considering there were only 5 others in the cafe and 2 had already got there food. when we did finally get the food it was lukewarm at best. the poached eggs in both mine and my friends were over cooked and hard. my mushrooms were not cooked at all just maybe warmed through slightly. the meat tasted cheap and getting old. the tomato ketchup was also old as it was beginning to fizz, and the brown sauce was beginning to crust on top. all in all it was not a good experience and i would not go back there.

1 Thank daniel r
StaffordHouse_12, Owner at Stafford House of Fine Foods, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for responding to your visit at Stafford House, unfortunately not what I would have expected you to say after eating our home made food. We do not freeze potatoes as they absorb water and it is not good practice. We do have a range of ready meals that are frozen and are usually popular with good feedback.

You do not live far away so I do hope you will call in again and we would be delighted to provide you with another meal at our cost - of course. Please introduce yourself so that I may speak to you in person to apologise for your experience. finally we do take great pride in our food and service so if we don't meet expectations I /we would certainly like to know about this. Kind regards Paula
Wales
“Avoid”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a horrific experience at this "cafe". We had been once or twice before and had never had a fantastic experience (slow service, cold food etc) but as it was bank holiday Sunday and everywhere else nearby was full, this was our only option as it was empty, now I know why.
We arrived at 2.45pm and before even being given a hello were told that only cakes and drinks were available as they were getting ready to close. Ordered coffees before being told the machine was broken and we would have to have instant so we had tea. The waitress was very rude, unhelpful and generally made a point of demonstrating that she would rather be anywhere else than there serving.
We enquired as to what time they closed and she snapped that it was 4pm, so a full 75 minutes after we arrived! She then said they stopped serving food at 3pm, so we said that in that case could we not have had food as it was only 2.45pm, she stormed off clearly unimpressed with our questions, sighing and shaking her head.
Our cake arrived (slammed on the table) and my mum didn't enjoy hers as she felt the consistency was strange and it didn't taste pleasant, however having sat and witnessed several other unsuspecting customers being turned away for daring to assume that they may be actually able to order food, my mum was reluctant to complain as she felt the conplaint would have been badly received. However, it later transpired that the cake she had been served was not cooked properly and had not risen as it should (we only found this out after overhearing the only other two customers in the place complaining about this fact). It is a very sad state of affairs when you are made to feel unable to complain about appalling service and poorly prepared food. We then asked the owner if the cake was ok or would there be a detrimental effect after eating it, and we expected an apology at the very least, but instead we were subjected to an outburst that we should not have complained to the waitress as she was "very young" and my mum was being unfair! My mum said that she was being perfectly fair but would not be happy if she had any ill effects from the cake and the owner said "you won't be ill and if you are then I'm sure you'll be right back here tomorrow telling me all about it won't you? And then you can go ahead and inform environmental health" To top it all we still had to pay for the drinks and the other cake, and as we left the waitress was storming into the kitchen banging dishes around. It was disgraceful and we will never return.

3 Thank BlueCrocus
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, all of the team at Stafford House have read this and have taken the points raised and are most disappointed that we failed in your visit. With regard to the closing times for serving food this also has been addressed as we should not be refusing orders at this time. We had an extremely busy weekend with many of our regulars and visitors coming to see us. The coffee machine is top of the range but I broke it on Saturday evening, and was trying to inform all of our guests what had happened and no alternative to make our usual lovely Italian coffee, until we could obtain replacement part. Finally the team are really upset because they are proud to part of the team here.
One of the joys for me is working with my lovely team of staff and meeting both my regular customers and new customers. I am not here to win arguments just to win customers who enjoy our service in all its entirety.
Wirral, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Came here for the veggie breakfast and a bacon sandwich. We had to wait 40 minutes for our food despite the fact that there was only one customer ahead of us at 9.45 on sunday morning. Other people (regulars maybe) were prioritised. Coffee machine was broken, so we got instant, but we were charged for americano. We'd well and truly finished the coffee before the food arrived late, we weren't offered a top up. The food was OK, mushrooms were nice, fried potatoes were cold, boiled, new potatoes heated up. Parts of one meal all arrived at different times, first the scrambled egg and veg, then 4 minutes later a tablespoon of beans, then five minutes after that some toast.
To top it all off they overcharged us and my husband had to go back and argue the toss, and we paid full price for instant coffee. I would not recommend this cafe.

1 Thank veghedgehog