“Great little mexican :-D”
Review of Miguel's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Miguel's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Miguel´s Mexican Restaurant we aim to bring authentic Mexican cuisine to you, to inspire your taste buds and offer a unique insight in to Mexican cuisine.Miguel´s offers an extensive authentic Mexican menu with delicious dishes to tempt every palate. The atmosphere in Miguel´s is friendly, family orientated and children are always welcome. We also offer a takeaway service and a range of cocktails.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ate here recently with my partner, and i must say the negative reviews aren't a true reflection of the quality i received. I had a great night, lovely atmosphere and quality food.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Ordered the food online and it wasn't exactly what we ordered. They mixed up our orders which was disappointing. It wasn't very hot either, luke warm really. Wouldn't order from here again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to try something different to the usual Indian or local cuisine on a night out in Menai bridge. We were pleasantly surprised with the small but cosy atmosphere. The restaurant was very busy but service was still reasonably quick and the food was tasty and in generous portions. I particularly enjoyed the duck and refried beans. If you're looking for a very formal experience this probably isn't for you but if you're after a relaxed experience and good value I'd recommend. I also find Mexican food is comparatively very healthy to alternatives and the salsa, guacamole and beans ticked all the boxes from what I'd look for in a meal.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This isn't Mexican food, do not go.
Service: The woman who took our order didn't seem all there, over the phone she quoted us one price, and when we went to collect the food she charged us something entirely different, but she reassured us that all was OK, because it was her calculators fault.. naughty calculator..

She had no idea what half the food was, and made no effort to find out, which made ordering very difficult.

Food: We ordered steak chimichanga, beefchilli burrito and duck taco. The burrito & chimichanga were meant to come with rice & refried beans which they didn't! my chimichanga contained bucket loads of onions and salsa, a bit of steak and something horrifying which I think was cheese(?). We also had a side of wings, which were undercooked.

The worst thing for me came about an hour after eating my meal, where I was violently sick.

I won't ever be going back there - and will be advising all I know to stay away. This has to have been one of the worst eating experiences I've had.

6  Thank AlexNev
Reviewed April 15, 2013

About 20 of us visited this restaurant on a Saturday evening to celebrate a friend's birthday. From the start we were told that the chef had taken the night off which might explain the service and quality of the food which went from mediocre to complete farce. Our starters were missing three out of five ingredients, the 'roast chicken' main course was partially raw and cold (sent back twice), and three, supposedly different, vegetarian dishes served among us were more or less the same due to a lack of basic Mexican staples such as re-fried bean, guacamole, rice and even fresh chili. The tortilla chips were overcooked, and when it came to cocktails they were served warm and weak or were just plainly the wrong ingredients and were sent back twice. The last main course was served three hours after we arrived, long after everyone else had had their food. The staff were obviously trying their best but were completely out of their depths - at least one, who was unlucky enough to be landed with managing 'front of house' appeared to have been drafted in for the evening, and did a brave job of apologizing to everyone and ended up giving us a hefty discount.

4  Thank Rohan H