“excellent”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Whilst on holiday on Anglesey, we had been walking around the Menai Bridge and the Hidden Gardens. We decided to have a late Sunday lunch. It was agreed to pop into this pub. No where will be given top marks by me, but it was very close. The menu offered smaller portions which gave an indication that A respectable meal would be provided. In fact I struggled. May I congratulate the pub for the cleaninest, the attention to their customers and the sensible priced menu. I recommend this place to everyone.

1  Thank Craftyrose_12
There are newer reviews for Liverpool Arms

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The portions are enormous - the food hot and tasty. We were a bit surprised when we went in just before 1pm to find not many people in although a few came in whilst we were eating our meal. Not sure why - as the food was great and I will definitely return.

2  Thank Phaze1
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I called in the Liverpool Arms this week and as I had not been in the pub for some three years was shocked to see that it had had a makeover .However happy to report a much improved makeover and a very good varied menu including and not many pubs cater for this an extensive vegetarian menu .We opted for the local dishes mussels and local gammon and that is where the food wins out by the fact they have identified local produce and highlight the produce .
The food was very good and service excellent and worth a try given that Menai appears now to have many eating places but this was has stood the test of time and deserves to establish their new format We will be back .

2  Thank GRHL
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We've eaten in many places in Menai Bridge and this was - by far - the worst meal we've ever had. The lamb shank was fatty, without seasoning and obviously microwaved. The mashed potatoes were lumpy and again microwaved. The sauce was as hot as molten lava so obviously microwaved. The tuna which was ordered to be cooked medium rare was way over cooked and the chips tasted like they were cheap low grade frozen and very floury. The salad came without a dressing. The sausage was of the chip shop saveloy variety so not local produce and the garlic mushrooms were very light on garlic. It is apparent that compared to other reviews we did not experience the best meal but it only takes one bad meal to put people off and the Liverpool Arms certainly achieved that with flying colours. We will never be back and my advice to viewers is to stay well away.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

the welsh steak and the beef stroganoff we have returned time and time again for and would recommend to anybody very welcoming pleasant staff

2  Thank trevor1967