“Beautiful views and beautiful food”
Review of Dylan's

Dylan's
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have eaten here a few times and weather permitting always chosen to sit outside on the terrace, the restaurant can get very busy and its nice to sit and get away, sip a glass of wine whilst perusing the menu, looking over the Menai Straits. The food isn't cheap but I think for the quality and choice it makes for a great meal, freshly cooked with beautifully chosen ingredients.The staff are always very welcoming, they have a good knowledge of their menu are able to offer recommendations. The lamb was delicious as was the terrine...and the blueberry pancake dessert for that matter. I have never been when it hasn't been busy which has to be a good sign.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had a fantastic meal here - food was delicious and the service was spot on. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I loved the food and ambience at Dylans! It is the best all round middle of the road eatery in our area and the service and kitchen is efficient. We love going back time and time with or without our children.

1  Thank cofiwlad
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Visited on a Saturday evening in party of 9, my wife and I being the only 2 who hadn't been here before and we were seated upstairs..
It is a nice light, airy building, nice simple decor in a great location with fantastic views. My own personal view is that there are too many tables crammed in and they could do with losing a few. As many other reviews have stated it did seem exceedingly noisy until it started emptying later on. I think the noise levels could be lessened a bit if there were a few less tables.
The menu is mainly sea food and pizzas other options being a bit limited.
For a starter I chose the seared scallops. Taste wise this was delicious though at £10.95 I thought the portion size was pretty small. I have had larger portions at slightly less cost at other good quality restaurants.
My main was the Hake Fillet and again the taste was delicious as was the leeks in mustard sauce. What let it down was that while the Hake Fillet was of a decent size there were no vegetables at all and you only get 3 small baby potato's with it, which as far as I am concerned is pretty poor. If I ever were to choose a dish that comes with new potato's I will make sure I ask for at least a couple more. Again price wise I thought £13.95 was not quite full value for what I received. Next time I will try one of the burgers which seemed very re4asonably priced for what you receive.
My sweet of Rhubarb & Custard Sundae was utterly delicious and I thought fairly reasonably priced at £5.95.
Drinks wise there is a large selection most at pretty reasonable prices though I would say £4.15 for Wrexham Lager and £2.40 for bottle of J20 are somewhat excessive.
As far as service goes we were served/waited on by several different people bordering between good to very good. I personally was not asked at any time both during the meal and making payment and also on leaving if everything was ok and if I had been I would have made my views known at the time. Others in the party said they were asked during the meal so maybe I didn't hear due to the noise but should have been asked when making payment at least. Also we wish to pay separately and were told we couldn't pay individually by cash only card but all paying cash could put it together. I have never encountered this problem in a restaurant previously.
Reading the above you may think I didn't enjoy this visit but that is not the case. While I may have had a few negative impressions personally regarding this visit I would say that taste wise the whole meal was delicious, in lovely light airy room with fantastic views and we will certainly visit again.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We sat out on the deck on a beautiful June evening - this place has spectacular views!

The service was good, but not intrusive, and I personally thoroughly enjoyed my Red Dragon pizza. A couple of my colleagues mentioned that the meals they'd ordered from the specials were on the small side for the price but overall we enjoyed them.

Admittedly, this is not a cheap restaurant, but I suppose you pay for the view as well! The desserts were yummy but pretty costly at £6 each.