“Great food and service”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Well done been here twice in in January with a party of 19 and my family of 5. The mussels were superlative great value and great night.

Thanks for the table... Met in a place near the chapel ...love it,

Max

Visited January 2014
1 Thank SydneyHBridge

Bangor, North Wales
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Four of us had an excellent meal with good service. Three had the hake and one the sea bass, and the food was superb. The Pinot Grigio wine by the glass was also very good.

• Visited January 2014
wales
“excellent food and service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

my first visit to Dylan's, the first thing that hits you is the noise, but its was very busy so there's no avoiding that and when you sit at your table you don't notice it so much.
the barman was very helpful offering my friend a taste of the ciders to see which she liked.
service as spot on, attentive but not in your face.
food was fantastic we all enjoyed our meals.
finished off by a thank you and handshake from I presume the owner, a lovely evening, and we will definately be back.

• Visited January 2014
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Six of one, 50:50.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have been to Dylans a few times over the last year or so. It has taken me a while to decide what I think of the place. Every time I go something I thought was good last visit come out bad, and vice versa. After much deliberation I can only surmise that it is average, six of one, and 50:50.
The burger I had was great, tasted good and filled me up. The pizzas on the other hand are nice enough but lack on the toppings and variety.

I have had good and bad service, sometimes the server is fantastic, other times they are in a huge rush to get you in and out (we never tend to go on peak times in order to avoid large crowds)

The decor is nicely done and the display at the entrance is welcoming, however we always seem to be shoved at the end of the restaurant crammed against the wall and the window with no way of getting out except to disturb all the other diners in your vicinity.

Some of the items on the menu sound amazing but there every time I go I feel like there isnt actually that much on the menu, Pizza, Burger, Fish. So after a couple of visits it seems like you have experienced all there is to offer from Dylans.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Douglas M
Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Douglas M,
Thanks for taking the time to review us and I'm sorry that your experiences at Dylans have left you feeling a little undecided about us. We are a busy restaurant but nevertheless work hard with staff to underline the importance of a warm welcome and friendly service - and your comments have been passed on to our front of house manager to feedback to staff. With regards table allocation, if you have a preference when booking, staff will always try to accommodate your wishes if you let them know.
We currently have 15 options on the main menu for pizza, and at least one each day on the specials board. We have 16 options on sharers/starters; 17 mains to choose from plus salads, sides, a children's menu and 11 desserts - plus the specials board. Our kitchen staff do a fantastic job managing all this and think that our offer is well balanced and varied - but will of course pass your comments on. The Spring/Summer menu will be on soon and we hope you might give us another try - there will be some exciting new dishes I'm really looking forward to trying myself. Thanks again for your review.
Australia
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I do love Dylans, I've been eating there for the last year.
I have to be honest and say it's hit and miss.
The service ranges between excellent to luke warm receptions.
The food ranges from brilliant to totally crap.
I don't know what to say, I hate to criticise but I have to be honest. This is such a great restaurant with so much potential. The position and the outlook is spectacular. Some visits have been so great and some so very disappointing that I hesitate to return...
I've been in groups of 2 to 20. I've been to functions and tasting nights there (which were always really great). But I've been for dinner and lunch many times and the food is always different.
Hit and Miss. Take you're chance cause it might be spectacular but I apologise if it's crap.

E.g. the burger. I'm a burger fiend. Sometimes I just need a great burger and the first one I had here was SO amazing I ordered it another 2 times on following visits chasing the high... I was so very very disappointed. Not because it wasn't as good, but because it was absolutely rubbish! Burnt and tasteless with stale hard buns.... I was gutted. Since then I've tried all kinds of pastas and pizzas and seafood and they are also hit and miss.

I hope they get some consistency because there is some very stiff competition for good food on the island and I now take friends to other (more reliable) places.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank TravellingWales
Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Travelling Wales,
Thanks for taking the time to review Dylans - we appreciate all feedback, good and bad and will certainly pass on your thoughts to staff.
Consistency is key to a successful restaurant business and I take very seriously your comments - as I know our head of kitchen does. With regards burgers, they are one our best selling items on the menu and the way we make them does not change. We bake our breads every morning fresh, so am surprised that you might think otherwise.
Our aim is always to improve and our TA review history confirms this is happening - as does our recent inclusion in the 2014 Michelin guide.
We thank you again for your comments and hope you will give us another try sometime soon.