“Very enjoyable”

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we were treated well by courteous staff members. Although the restaurant was choc a block the wait for the food was not long at all. The seafood platter was delicious with plenty of choice and the main meals and pudding were also delicious. Very much recommended

Write a ReviewReviews (2,481)

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here since it opened - food always has been a bit hit and miss - but location good and pizzas seemed to be homemade - surprised at the weekend at a 'new' pizza base which doesn't look or taste remotely artisan....and very few toppings to add insult to injury

2  Thank Lovejuice88
Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear “lovejuice88”,
Not sure how to respond to your review - except to say that we make our pizza dough according to the traditional Neopolitan method, and have not changed our recipe since we opened. There is no “new” pizza base.
Our dough is made fresh each day using a slow fermentation process and produces a consistantly authentic result, with plenty of character and flavor developed in the crust. A wide range of toppings are added liberally according, once again to Neapolitan method.
I don’t know what an “Iceland” pizza base is, but can assure you that ours is authentic

Reviewed November 24, 2013

On our first visit, Dylan's failed to provide us with any lunch so a bit of a poor performance for a restaurant! We went for lunch on a weekday, having booked for a special occassion. We were shown to our table reasonably enough when we arrived and a drinks order taken and the drinks brought to our table. After that.... Downhill! We were forgotten about/ignored for the next 20 minutes despite repeated attempts to catch the attention of a member of staff. Short of actually getting up and grabbing hold off someone, it didn't look like this was ever going to happen. I think that the reason for this is that our server seemed to be practising a new discipline related to synchronised swimming (think fixed expression, gazing at a distant horizon) while tottering around the tables being "beautiful". This is not an acceptable standard of service so we gave up and left, having not even being asked if we'd like to order. We won't be back and the special occasion lunch ended up being sandwiches from the nearby supermarket.....

5  Thank Glynneth
Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Glynneth,
I’m sorry that your first visit to the restaurant didn’t work out for you. We remember your visit and actually tried to contact you on your mobile phone immediately after you walked out. So surprised were we with your departure, we checked back through the CCTV footage to see what had caused the upset. We did indeed see your drinks arrive within 2 minutes of your being seated at a window table and menus handed out thereafter. A rather significant wait did then ensue – which I agree was longer than you should have had to wait – 12 minutes, not 20. We genuinely apologise for the delay you had to suffer, but were surprised that you would walk out without saying a word to anyone to help resolve the situation.
Despite the upset, I hope you managed to enjoy the rest of your day.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was unsure about Dylans when it opened. However I have visited several times since and been pleased with each visit. Today the food ( sole followed by delicious desserts) and service were faultless and I shall definitely be returning in the future.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a lovely place to go and eat with a cracking view. Our waitress was lovely and bubbly and the food was very good. My only comment is that the portion I had was a little on the small side. I had the rack of lamb which is one of the more expensive items on the menu and I was very disappointed see how small a portion of food I got - come on guys, add a bit more cous cous to it.

I have also eaten here and had off the breakfast menu - it was gorgeous.
This place is definitely worth a visit - it is a bit tricky to find though.