“Third time lucky!”

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had been to Dylan’s last year, on two separate occasions and I must say I was disappointed. Having noticed the recent glowing reviews [and it was also recommended to me by a friend saying that the food had vastly improved] I thought I’d give it another try. I must say that I was not disappointed on this occasion; obviously they have managed to turn this place around. The food and service was excellent. The wine list is a bit pricey though; £18.95 for a bottle of Pinot Grigio!
There is the noise element too as previous reviewers have commented; it has more of a Café atmosphere rather than a restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Turned up here on Saturday at 9pm with no booking. They were very busy but still accomodated us on a lovely table upstairs next to the window and the fantastic view over the Menai Straits. My husband and I shared the fish platter which was great , then enjoyed a "slimline " pizza and also tried the rhubarb trifle. The bill was reasonable.It was quite noisy upstairs with a couple of large parties in but it didnt really bother us. We have been several times before and theres always something you want to eat from the menu.On a nice day , its great to sit outside and have a coffee, they are open all day. The staff are excellent . It's not a gourmet dining experiendce but IO would rather have good food, good company and a fantastic location.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I came away from here with mixed feelings. The View from the restaurant is breathtaking, I found myself popping outside regularly as the restaurant was so loud and rather too warm. The restaurant is a little hard to find but that's understandable given the location and view. The staff were good overall, although, when we ordered our dinner we were told the frier wasn't working so NO CHIPS?! Then after ordering baring this in mind the table next to us had chips delivered. We asked the staff if the frier is now working and they said yes, so when we asked if we could change our order to steak we were told it was too late?! (then tell us straight away about the fixed frier?) The restaurant was extremly loud, (OK if you can lip read). I defintitely would not have a romantic dinner here which is a shame because the view is perfect. The manu was full of choice, a little too much perhaps? Definitly over priced for the standard and portion size. The food was average but thankfully my company was good. 7 of us dined at the restaurant and left satisfied but not over impressed. The staff were smart, decor modern and simple. Would I return? I think so.......(would like to see lobster on the menu.) Don't get me wrong, there is nothing to worry about when eating here but beware the restaurant is loud (and could use ceiling fans) For a pleasant seafood, pizza & burger restarant with a spectacular view and efficient staff you can't go wrong with Dylans.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Literally just arrived home from our night out at Dylan's. Couldn't wait to add a review as its so important for people to have a true reflection of quality and service before they make a reservation at any restaurant. Have read some of the previous reviews and am genuinely surprised that there are any negative comments. We were given a window table as we were celebrating our anniversary, the location and views are stunning. We were made to feel special and the service was excellent. Each course was absolutely delicious, couldn't fault anything. We then went to sit outside and the waitress bought our belongings to us, we had blankets and the heaters were switched on for us. My husband isn't the easiest to please and he can't wat to go back, we will be recommending this restarant to everyone.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Staff at Dylans are generally excellent - they know the menu inside out, they are attentive and cover each others stations with aplomb.

If the food was of the same quality then this would be a fine dining experience.

The food I had was full of promise which failed to deliver - it talked a good game. Scallops, black pudding and Cauli puree - the scallops were cooked well, but the cauli puree just tasted of burnt garlic and this overpowered everything. The ribeye steak cooked rare was 'French rare'. In the end I gave up stabbing it with my knife and it got up and walked back to the field.

At £80 for two, I would have expected the food to live up to the superb staff, and not to have felt so crammed in that I was in the middle of my neighbours conversation.. Maybe I was unlucky.