“Minor disappointment”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Minor disappointment”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Previously visited once at lunchtime and was really impressed with the building, fantastic views and buzzy atmosphere so decided to return one evening for a "proper" meal.

Slightly disappointed. The quality of the food did not match the quality of the restaurant itself. Overpriced for what it is.

Having said that, we are returning this Saturday to see if we were unfortunate in our choice of food.

The outlook cannot be beaten though, which is probably why a little expensive.

They need to spend more time concentrating on the quality of the food as I got the impression that the view was over compensating for what appeared on the plate.

Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thanks for your honest appraisal of the restaurant and the food Richard. Your comments have been passed on to the kitchen. With regards our pricing, sourcing locally the very best ingredients we can does come at a premium – one which most customers understand and fully appreciate. I can also assure you that we do not rest on our laurels – you’re right that the location and views are stunning, but we would never allow that to take precedent over what comes out of the kitchen. I hope you enjoyed your second visit to the restaurant.
Thanks again for your review.

Liverpool
“great atmosphere!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

we visited this place bank holiday and have done a few times before.. we love the place!! think the menu is a bit short on choice is the only down fall.. i would like to see the menu improve as i like to struggle to decide to picking from a menu because there are usually to many things i like.. on the other hand we have a fantastic time when we go as there is a top bar man 'barry' who certainly knows his drinks and looks after you, and worth his weight in gold...

Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thanks for the positive feedback Nick. Barry the barman is becoming increasingly popular these days! With a pizza section, salads, mains, seafood and burger section; vegetarian options, an extensive kiddies menu and daily specials we think we’ve got the bases pretty well covered – but if you think we’re missing anything please let us know.
Thanks for review and hope to see you again soon at Dylan’s.
Llangefni, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant all round”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have visited Dylans many times now and feel its time to share on our experiences, the service is always impecable, as is the food. We have got talking to Barry on several occasions and enjoy every visit. The views are to die for and feels so relaxing while there. if you havent been yet then your missing out. Thank you to everyone at Dylans

north wales
“Not happy”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I love trying new places, we went for a walk and came across this place, I went in to see if we could book for another time, I stood there waiting for ten mins (I know this as I timed it) I was waiting for someone to come and help to book, staff walked past me constantly, no one acknowledged me at all, I can understand they were busy but courtesy doesn't cost them anything. I would have loved to have made a booking and enjoyed the food but I wasn't going to wait any longer, I would have been served quicker in macdonalds

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank ruggers
Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Ruggers,
I thank you for your feedback, which we take very seriously. My only concern here is that you waited 8 months before choosing to review the restaurant – making it very difficult for us to comment on the particular experience you describe. Suffice it say, we work really hard with staff to deliver a warm and friendly welcome to all visitors and if, as you say, you really enjoy trying new places, why not get in touch and arrange to give us another try – I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Lovely, tasty, calming!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited Dylans on a beautiful, sunny day. All the windows and doors were open, unvailing the beautiful afon Menai, over to Bangor, Felin and Caernarfon abd back to Llandudno the otherside. Our 4 year old was thrilled that she had 'had lunch on a boat!' The staff were excellent, and very attentive with a young, proffesional vibe to their service. Nearly all were bilingual, which is heartwarming. The food was very nice, sticking with the marine theme, presented casually in a wooden box- nice touch! I had an Aphrodite pizza which was nice, but I do think it coud of been better, with only the slightest tweaks. Pizzas can look impressively artisan with a bit more attention to detail presentation wise, and maybe a few more toppings wouldnt go amiss,but the content was fab- goats cheese, figs and honey- mmm! We left feeling happy to have visited this local and stunning gem. Will def return to this wonderfly child friendly establishment, with colouring crayons and papers bought out to both our 4 and 1 year old. Da iawn Dylan's, Diolch yn fawr!

Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Diolch yn fawr, Twmfleur. Glad the family had such a nice time. We had a wonderful few days in the sun last week – and being able to open up the doors onto the terraces is really quite special. Especially pleasing to hear your daughter’s description of lunching on a boat! gweld chi cyn bo hir