“Well worth a visit.”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our second visit to Dylan's Restaurant was every bit as enjoyable as the first: pleasant surroundings, a great view over the Menai Straits, staff who were efficient and friendly, and food that was tasty and generously portioned. The only minor issue I had was that my pizza had spent a minute too long in the oven and was slightly over-cooked; no big deal. Other than that the meal was what we'd come to expect, and my son pronounced the lemon cheesecake 'The best cheesecake in the world'....probably!

In total we had several diet cokes, two glasses of wine, the Drover's Platter (recommended), three pizzas...and cheesecake to finish off. Total price £68, which I thought was reasonable.

• Visited March 2013
Dear Mhusband,
Thanks for visiting us a second time and sending through your review. I’m grateful for your feedback on the pizza – will pass on to the kitchen. Your son seems to know his way around a dessert menu – the cheescake is one of our most popular dishes. We hope you will be back again soon – maybe to try the Spring/Summer menu which will be introduced in time for Easter. Thanks again.

Colchester, United Kingdom
“A surprisingly stylish restaurant on Anglesey”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere- very nice, stylish and open. Can sit out on Harbor in good weather.

Food- very good selection, pizza ++, pasta, sides. Something for everyone.

Service- could do with a little more attention to detail... I.e stock their fridges so lagers are cold, had to be prompted for side dishes, finger bowls, no coffee offers. We were in a big group and they probably could have made more money out of us than they did.

Location- lovely

Extras- they hold old cinemas nights here... Which look great fun

All in all very pleasant and would go again

Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks for the positive feedback and will pass on your comments re service. As well as cinema nights we have regular gluten-free evenings, wine nights and other events that are detailed on our website and through our facebook page. We hope you can make it up to see us again soon.
Eastham, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth a visit for Brunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have visited Dylan's now on at least 5 occasions for their Brunch menu which starts at 11:00 am
On each occasion the service, food and surroundings have been great. The setting right on The Straits is so relaxing, even if the sun is not shining. I recommend the blueberry pancakes and my hubby normally as the breakfast stack.
I have also bought some of the home made bread from the van that visits the local farmers markets.
Defo worth a visit

• Visited February 2013
Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks for the positive feedback Sheila – the blueberry pancakes are a very popular item on our brunch menu– not least with our own children! Ronnie, our trusted travelling boulangerie van will be back again at the farmer’s market in Menai Bridge this weekend and we’re also going further afield to markets in Conwy, Rhosneigr and Beaumaris this Spring – so hopefully will see you again soon.
North Wales, UK
“Lovely setting, great service, nice enough”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited Dylan's at lunch time, and found the place to be bustling. It's the 'new place' and we'd heard good things about it. The setting is lovely, and we sat upstairs where we had a great view of the Menai Straits. We ordered a couple of glasses of dry white which were ok but a little fruity. The chowder was ordered in a starter size and as a main course due to a difference in appetites. However, on arrival, there was not that much difference in size. Nice chowder but nothing spectacular. Pudding was disappointing. I ordered the brownie 'trifle' wich was nothing like a trifle but a brownie stuffed into a glass with cream on top. The staff however are very friendly and welcoming and we were served promptly. I would say expect 'Fat Cat' restaurant standard food and you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank GillH013
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Dylans is an attractive restaurant with breathtaking views across the straits. The menu is very varied offering a good selection of pizza and other dishes. However unfortunately the service and food did not live up to this promising start. I have visited the restaurant twice now. Both times I found the staff were not very friendly or helpful. It can also be quite difficult to attract a staff member to the table.The food is pricey and the meals produced don't justify these prices. The seafood linguine had hardly any seafood in it and the breakfast stack was mostly stacked with bread rather than meat. I agree with Gary's earlier review that there is great potential in Dylan's but at present the food and service leave a lot to be desired. We were disappointed and I don't think we'll be going back a third time.

2 Thank Jmc1986