“Lovely setting, great service, nice enough”
Review of Dylan's

Dylan's
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited Dylan's at lunch time, and found the place to be bustling. It's the 'new place' and we'd heard good things about it. The setting is lovely, and we sat upstairs where we had a great view of the Menai Straits. We ordered a couple of glasses of dry white which were ok but a little fruity. The chowder was ordered in a starter size and as a main course due to a difference in appetites. However, on arrival, there was not that much difference in size. Nice chowder but nothing spectacular. Pudding was disappointing. I ordered the brownie 'trifle' wich was nothing like a trifle but a brownie stuffed into a glass with cream on top. The staff however are very friendly and welcoming and we were served promptly. I would say expect 'Fat Cat' restaurant standard food and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank GillH013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,499)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Dylans is an attractive restaurant with breathtaking views across the straits. The menu is very varied offering a good selection of pizza and other dishes. However unfortunately the service and food did not live up to this promising start. I have visited the restaurant twice now. Both times I found the staff were not very friendly or helpful. It can also be quite difficult to attract a staff member to the table.The food is pricey and the meals produced don't justify these prices. The seafood linguine had hardly any seafood in it and the breakfast stack was mostly stacked with bread rather than meat. I agree with Gary's earlier review that there is great potential in Dylan's but at present the food and service leave a lot to be desired. We were disappointed and I don't think we'll be going back a third time.

2  Thank Jmc1986
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Thought we would give it a try when visiting relatives. Nice location and menu seemed to have good choice. However I had Welsh Rarebit that was a long time in coming. The bacon was burnt to a "frazzle"and was replaced when I complained. Spoilt my experience there as I faced a very long wait and had to eat long after my fellow diners had finished their meals. The waitress was not very helpful and manager was quite rude when asked if we had enjoyed our meals. I guess it was because I said I hadn't. At best I should of been given a reduction and very least an apology.

1  Thank Sue C
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Went last night food was nice. our main problem was the noise. I could not hear the two people that were on same table as me talking. They really need to address this. We hurried our food and left so we could go to the pub over the road where we could hold conversation. I think this may be the problem with service too as they struggled to get order right due to noise. May be better in good weather when the big doors can be opened. The noise just seems to be contained. Apart from having less people there not sure what they can do.

1  Thank cymru1Wales
Reviewed March 1, 2013

What a lovely restaurant, a hidden gem in Menai Bridge. The views are fantastic and the restaurant interior is lovely.
We visited on a sunny Monday lunchtime and it was very busy, we waited for 5 minutes to be seated but it was a further 20 minutes before we were asked for our drinks order, i took the opportunity to order food at the same time but it was another 15 minutes until the drinks came and another 35 minutes before the food arrived. The food was good, the children had pizza's which were freshly made and my wife and myself had fish dishes which were very nice.
It's a real shame that there weren't enough staff on hand to serve such a lovely place.

Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thanks for your feedback pistone01. I’m pleased you enjoyed dining at Dylan's last week and take on board your comments re staff. We are a fairly new restaurant – having opened our door for the first time last June, so still trying to understand the rhythm of our business in Menai Bridge. We are much busier than we anticipated at this time of year and have recognised the need to staff up over the last week or so. We hope you return on your next trip to North Wales. Thanks again.