“Getting Better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dylan's

Dylan's
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, British, Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Caernarfon, Wales, United Kingdom
“Getting Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

When the owner/manager is in attendance everything seems to go well. The staff are just OK, and need some training in the interface between customer and waiter/waitress. We don't want to see miserable, disinterested faces. I've been visiting this place for nearly a year now and it is getting better, the food is generally good, but please don't sacrifice service for the sake of employing a couple more staff in the kitchen and restaurant. Fantastic location.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Karol C

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Visited Dylan's for the first time for on Saturday. The staff were excellent, friendly and very helpful, the food came promptly and was amazing quality, and the overall experience was brilliant. I would definitely recommend Dylan's to anyone!

• Visited February 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly enjoyable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited Dylan's for first time on a Saturday evening. There was a busy buzz in the place, we were treated very well and the food was superb, tasty terrine starters I had hake which was very fleshy and tasty my husband had seafood linguine which my daughter who had ordered pizza, kept dipping into and said she would have that next time for main. We had a good chat with one of the owners who was very helpful to us with our search for a holiday home on the island. Have read some of the other reviews and can't believe we're all talking about the same place.
Our experience was fab!

Binfield, United Kingdom
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Little gem of a place with a fantastic atmosphere, booking required as it is full to bursting. Contemporary with amazing views. Will be going again.

Southport, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, poor service, Really in need of some good management and customer service training”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went for a treat to take our daughter, as we had been before but she had not. Our visit was 5pm Sunday 17th february. All was going well on arrival being seated and menus given. Our order was taken and drinks served. The food took ages which generally is not a problem but we were left having to get up from the table to ask for extra drinks, colouring stuff for our daughter etc. there were plenty of staff on and I noticed other people having to get up from the table to ask for service, one lady had three young children with her and had to get up a few times to ask for things! There were 4 staff stood chatting around the bar to two other people who I presumed were staff off duty as they where having a great old chat! One was even sat at the bar eating her dinner! Is there not a staff room for this! My main course although hot did not have any chunks of fish in it so very over priced for what it was. My daughter had to wait nearly 20 mins for 2 scoops of ice cream and we only got that after reminding the staff. I felt like we were interrupting a staffs social event. A complete waste of our hard earned money. I sent an email of complaint directly to Dylan's but as yet have not had a reply. I get the impression they are not bothered about their customers. Get your act together Dylan's as there is plenty of competition in the area, the straits restaurant is only yards from you and the service is top quality there!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Gail1465
Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments, which I received a copy of 2 days after your visit to our restaurant, and to which I am responding immediately by e mail and through Trip Advisor.
I am very disappointed to hear that your time with us was not a good one. We take all our feedback seriously and have checked back through CC TV footage to get a better understanding of the issues you raise. There were occasions on Sunday afternoon when staff could have – and should have, been more attentive to your table and they will be taken to task for this. We pride ourselves on providing a warm, informal and family oriented experience at Dylan’s, and will continue to strive to achieve this. We did not see any evidence of staff congregating at the bar, as you suggest and note that three members of staff were walking the floor during your visit and attending to customer’s needs.
I am unable to comment on your opinion of the fish dish you had – I assume it was the chowder? Except to say that this is one of our most popular dishes, and one which regularly receives praise from happy customers.
Once again, I am sorry that your experience with us wasn’t good and appreciate your valuable feedback. I assure you that we care deeply about our customers’ experience and will continue to work with our young staff to ensure we deliver on this principle.
We hope that you will try us again in the future and would appreciate a second opinion, should you wish to consider it.