“Thoroughly enjoyable.”

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited Dylan's for first time on a Saturday evening. There was a busy buzz in the place, we were treated very well and the food was superb, tasty terrine starters I had hake which was very fleshy and tasty my husband had seafood linguine which my daughter who had ordered pizza, kept dipping into and said she would have that next time for main. We had a good chat with one of the owners who was very helpful to us with our search for a holiday home on the island. Have read some of the other reviews and can't believe we're all talking about the same place.
Our experience was fab!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Little gem of a place with a fantastic atmosphere, booking required as it is full to bursting. Contemporary with amazing views. Will be going again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went for a treat to take our daughter, as we had been before but she had not. Our visit was 5pm Sunday 17th february. All was going well on arrival being seated and menus given. Our order was taken and drinks served. The food took ages which generally is not a problem but we were left having to get up from the table to ask for extra drinks, colouring stuff for our daughter etc. there were plenty of staff on and I noticed other people having to get up from the table to ask for service, one lady had three young children with her and had to get up a few times to ask for things! There were 4 staff stood chatting around the bar to two other people who I presumed were staff off duty as they where having a great old chat! One was even sat at the bar eating her dinner! Is there not a staff room for this! My main course although hot did not have any chunks of fish in it so very over priced for what it was. My daughter had to wait nearly 20 mins for 2 scoops of ice cream and we only got that after reminding the staff. I felt like we were interrupting a staffs social event. A complete waste of our hard earned money. I sent an email of complaint directly to Dylan's but as yet have not had a reply. I get the impression they are not bothered about their customers. Get your act together Dylan's as there is plenty of competition in the area, the straits restaurant is only yards from you and the service is top quality there!

3  Thank Gail1465
Jane E, Owner at Dylan's, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments, which I received a copy of 2 days after your visit to our restaurant, and to which I am responding immediately by e mail and through Trip Advisor.
I am very disappointed to hear that your time with us was not a good one. We take all our feedback seriously and have checked back through CC TV footage to get a better understanding of the issues you raise. There were occasions on Sunday afternoon when staff could have – and should have, been more attentive to your table and they will be taken to task for this. We pride ourselves on providing a warm, informal and family oriented experience at Dylan’s, and will continue to strive to achieve this. We did not see any evidence of staff congregating at the bar, as you suggest and note that three members of staff were walking the floor during your visit and attending to customer’s needs.
I am unable to comment on your opinion of the fish dish you had – I assume it was the chowder? Except to say that this is one of our most popular dishes, and one which regularly receives praise from happy customers.
Once again, I am sorry that your experience with us wasn’t good and appreciate your valuable feedback. I assure you that we care deeply about our customers’ experience and will continue to work with our young staff to ensure we deliver on this principle.
We hope that you will try us again in the future and would appreciate a second opinion, should you wish to consider it.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I chose here for my birthday lunch with the family after hearing good things and certainly was not disappointed. We were seated quickly and given the table in front of the big window upstairs which had a clear view right down the straights. The menu had plenty of choice, in fact it proved quite hard to decided as everything sounded delicious. The ham hock terrine was delish and the pizza I had was very good indeed. Everyone else loved their choices too. The restaurant is very child friendly. The server was very attentive, bringing my daughter a place mat and colour pencils to keep her occupied. I also have to say that the high chair was very clean (something which I notice is often not kept on top of in other places I have been to). When we left, the managers ( I assumed they were the owners) checked if we had had a good time and helped us with our coats. I cannot wait to go back and try something else. I can not recommend this restaurant enough, a real local gem!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Really enjoyed our visit for a friend's birthday. I was very impressed with the place and its location, and this was on a cold January evening.

We were made very welcome, but weren't fussed over; were attended to, although the place became packed as the night grew on. The pizzas were delicious (and I AM fussy about proper pizzas); the house white a light, lovely choice; the decor very contemporary but comfortable and tasteful. So glad that there's a place like this near where I live. Best of all, they played recent Welsh-lang and English indie pop, ranging from Gorky's to Yr Ods, which I'd say is quite apt for the student and local clientele. The waitress understood Cymraeg (Welsh) very well, and had a ready smile.

Again, like elsewhere on this website, I don't quite understand people's prompt criticisms. Some are too fussy and pernickety, aren't they, especially about pizzas. Will return, with pleasure. Diolch yn fawr, a phob lwc â'r fenter.

1  Thank cymraes3