“Different”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Different”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Couldn't wait to try this newish Restaurant which I had heard such good things about. Yes the food was good, not excellent. I am sure the chef/owner is very talented but I couldn't help thinking it takes a lot more than a good chef to make a good Restaurant. Only 3 starters, 3 Mains and 3 Desserts to choose from you would expect the food to be good but limited drinks available so every time I offered my guest a drink I was told they didn't have that. Font of House owner very pleasant indeed but really dippy waitress. Worst of all for me was no atmosphere what so ever.

• Visited April 2012
6 Thank Tricky66

Bangor, Gwynedd
“Really Special”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was the best meal I've every had in a restaurant! I grow my own food and rarely eat out as food at home is so good. The chef here obviously loves food and has a talent for taste combinations. My oxtail starter was sublime and I, although no expert, could not fault the menu, nothing fancy and nothing ordinary. Also a very pleasant atmosphere and simple attractive decor. Lovely staff and service; attentive, but not overly so. Great birthday dinner. Can't comment on wine list as currently on the wagon!

10 Thank Jennifer H
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“What can I say, just fabulous!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

By far the best food I have ever tasted. Lovely little touches and great service made it a night to remember.

10 Thank sandy-uwclub
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Simply incredible. 5 Star Dining!”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The food was as outstanding as the professional service and friendly welcome. You enjoy a complimentary pre-starter course as well as a little refreshing taste of something before your thrid course.

The food itself was faultless, beautifully presented and incredibly tasty.

The atmosphere is cosy with a warm welcome and incredible service. If you go anywhere this year for food; mark this amazing little restaurant at the top of your list.

Our only complaint (though we couldnt bring ourselves to mention it at the time in the light of how great everything else was!!) was that the red wine was quite cold when served. Otherwise, ten out of ten! Well done!

10 Thank verytrue
Wales
“Quite simply "OUTSTANDING" :-)”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

You will NOT get finer dining on the island, I want to say N.Wales but don't want to add pressure!! Tho from what I learnt today, he's used to pressure to get where he has with his culinary skills.

The couple who own and run this restaurant are grafters and deserve what's coming their way through this place.
One of those is Chef Stevens, whom I found out today he has quite a CV and that now makes sense for what we experienced lastnight. 4 of us went in with an idea in mind of what we were having, only to find the menu had changed (weekly). We sat and stared at the limited menu initially with doubts as it was a slimmer version to the previous...HOWEVER we ordered and all I can say is "OUTSTANDING - ARDDERCHOG".

The in between surprises just added to what was to be a fine dinning experience :-) Amuse Bouche of his rendition of 'Pea & Ham Soup' then later the 'Champagne Strawberries' served in a mini bottle (de beugel) and straw! Excellent. :-)

Chef has a view and should not change anything. Except the menu as he is doing weekly...so easy to stay safe, but I think Chef Stevens is showcasing what he is...a class chef that will go miles and am fairly sure start achieving a michelin star or two in the near future.

Great welcomed service from Bethan completed the evening.
This couple have opened in our opinion the best fine dining experience in the area.
Best of luck to them for the future and we shall be singing their praises for a long time.

Only negative: Trying to stay away! It's just raised the bar for all others serving good food.

12 Thank Blacksheep-Gourmet