All reviews menai straits bangor pier steep stairs stunning views car park half term window seat waters edge the main hotel fantastic location mussels warm welcome lovely room evening meal the pub tea and coffee yogurt
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Food was exceptionally nice. All staff were friendly and helpful and made you feel at home. They went out of their way to make my stay so relaxing and pleasant. Lovely, quiet spot and still close enough to Beaumaris & Menai Bridge. Home from home!Thank you for everything Maldwyn, Mrs. E. Jones.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been wanting to try out the dining at the Gazelle hotel for some time since it has changed hands and today made the decision to give it a try. We contacted the hotel to book a table when we were informed of the free pick up and drop off service for diners living within 3 miles so we decided to take up the offer. We were picked up efficiently and upon arrival at the hotel I was faced with a vast choice of gin. I ordered the chicken liver pate and toast and my husband ordered prawn cocktail to start, followed by chicken burger and I had the scampi. Wow! What large portions! The food tasted lovely! The chicken burger was home made with breast meat in a breadcrumb coating and the scampi, well, it was never ending and so well presented. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will definitely return

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Called in for a meal, four of us. Very basic food. My fish and chips were possibly the worst that I've ever had; it's not difficult; tiny piece of battered fish that looked like it had been sat around for an hour. Had takeaway from Beaumaris tow nights later, a different class.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2018

My favourite Place to stay
A little biased as there are memories here for me,overlooking where my late father had his Bermudan Sloop “Zeal” moored in the Menai straits close to Garth Pier.

If you also like the Menai views as I do then you must stay here and ask for a sea view room as there are also rooms overlooking the garden at the rear.

I had Room 4 for which was clean and fresh, with Tv, and tea/coffee making facility’s, which had the splendid views overlooking the straits.

They had just Replaced all the beds for new ones on my arrival 20th July 2018.
My only concern was the Bed was far to firm and hard for me, but the setting and outlook that I got from my stay outweighed that.

The staff cannot be faltered in any way and bend over backwards to make your stay as welcome as they can.

There was some renovations being carried out within the hotel possibly finished now
, but nothing to mar the experience even the workmen were warm and friendly, at the time they were fitting out new toilet facility’s adjacent to the bar.

The food there I found good, the traditional welsh breakfast was cooked well, there is also cereal etc and orange juice awaiting you as you enter the breakfast room/restaurant, Again excellent service from the staff.

I did have a pub like lunch on my arrival whilst waiting for my room just a sandwich and a bowl of chips, even that was great with the garnishes etc but the home made chips were Devine.

Evening meal was also ok. Not wide choices but well cooked and wholesome,
I did have to go hunting for staff thou as I had booked for 5.30pm. And no one around even thou I was told that 5.30 was fine. Eventually found a staff member and Was given a menu. But had to wait till 6.pm till other staff came on board. That meant having to take my leave of the table and find the bar again, oh well.
Staff now at attention in the restaurant I found my way back and enjoyed a lovely 3 course meal from the menu.

To sum up there Is no where perfect, and I found my overall experience at the gazelle hotel a very pleasant one.

I have booked another stay a long weekend at the hotel in August to coincide with the tail end of the regatta,
In Room4. I’m sure my stay will be just as enjoyable and welcoming as before.

Room Tip: If it’s sea views etc you want ask for a front facing room, if it’s gardens a rear facing room
Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Location, welcome and general impression could not be bettered. The hotel is being updated so I have no doubt the facilities will be much improved in due course but value for money on scale of one to ten, I give it ten. Dog friendly accommodation even for a troublesome puppy. The weather was also fabulous which rounded off the visit for my daughter's graduation.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family