“Over-priced and under-sized - Avoid”
Review of The Anglesey Arms

The Anglesey Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Anglesey Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 36 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gwynedd
“Over-priced and under-sized - Avoid”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Wife and I were persuaded to try this one; we should never have listened. Chef clearly cannot distinguish between "well done" and burnt. A very small and lonely steak arrived with two onion rings atop together with half a tomato. 8 or nine flavourless chunky chips round up what you get for £17.95. The mustard we requested failed to arrive until i had reminded one of the waitresses. Our bill came to £45.30, and I handed the tab together with £48.00 to the man on the till. As we were leaving a staff member, possibly of Eastern European origin stopped us claiming that we had underpaid by 30 pence! An embarrassment - decor is not bad, staff incompetent and the food just terrible.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Abermaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Reasonable pub.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Called in here for an evening meal. The pub has been refurbished pleasantly and there is a nice atmosphere with it being reasonably busy. The staff were very pleasant and service was good. There were 4 real ales to choose from, but all from the same brewery (Lees) and no guest ales to select. However, the beers were different strengths and type so a reasonable choice.

My wife enjoyed her meal but mine just didn't work for me. I had sea bass on fondant potato and pepper sauce. The individual ingredients didn't complement one another and the whole meal was poorly conceived. It was white fish on white potato with a green and pale orange sauce with pale coloured vegetables. e.g. swede and cauliflower. The whole plate looked anaemic and the pepper sauce was rather insipid. I had doubts about the meal in the first place, which is why I chose something else, but 10 minutes after they had taken my order the waitress informed me it wasn't available so foolishly ordered this as I love sea bass. They did, however, knock £2.00 off the bill (without being asked).

Overall, it's a pub I wouldn't rush to go back to, but would return to give it a second go, particularly as the overall ratings for it are pretty good.

1 Thank Martyn A
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Soup and sandwich”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Menu limited we only wanted a sandwich no ham the sandwiches were served with soup we did not want the soup sweet pepper they would not give us any discount

1 Thank Trevor W
Amlwch, Wales, United Kingdom
“Mmm Pepper sauce”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Having eaten here before and enjoyed it we decided to return. As soon as we walked in we were looked after. Our table was in a great spot. The atmosphere was fantastic. We ordered the ham hoc starter, there was more than enough to share. I had the rib eye steak and pepper sauce. Must say that it was not the tipical packet sauce but a rich proper homemade tasting of pepper sauce. So good that everyone on our table had to have some. The black pudding mash was also yummy. An allround freat night with great service.

Holyhead, United Kingdom
“Nice curry”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have eaten hear many times and I can say the food has always been very good ,I had a curry well worth the money my wife had full ribs very nice to ,it took about 15 mins but worth it .the food was excellent .the staff very helpfull

1 Thank Stephen N